Bed rails/fall protection for children

MattG

Hi everyone,

We were staying at Disney once and during check-in, the front desk person noticed our kids ages and asked if we needed bed rails. We didn’t expect it, but we loved having them! 

Does RC offer bed rails, or something similar, for kids sleeping in the main beds? We have a 2 year old that refuses a pack-and-play and sleeps in a big bed at home, and will probably sleep in the main bed in the stateroom (split in half, the other side having an adult). If not, it’s totally cool, we can set up pillows and make sure there’s a barrier. 

I've never specifically asked about bed rails, but with my young toddlers, we just put lots of pillows around them and tucked them in tight. Never had an issue. I know you mentioned your toddler sleeping on the main bed, but if you have the convertible sofa in your room, that bed is lower to the ground, so less distance to fall if they do roll off.

8 minutes ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

I've never specifically asked about bed rails, but with my young toddlers, we just put lots of pillows around them and tucked them in tight. Never had an issue. I know you mentioned your toddler sleeping on the main bed, but if you have the convertible sofa in your room, that bed is lower to the ground, so less distance to fall if they do roll off.

We're in connecting staterooms, one has a couch, the other doesn't. The couch is for two other kids 😄 

21 minutes ago, XtremeGK said:

Not sure if they provide them or not, but we bought these for our just-turned-3yo, and they work really well. 

610gP1Ld7VL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon.com : Serta Perfect Sleeper Inflatable Bed Rails for Toddlers & Kids with Foot Pump (2 Pack), White : Baby

Aaaaaand I just bought them. 😄 thank you! This will be our backup in the event they don't have rails. 

• 1 year later...