You know you've been cruising for a long time when . . .

DocLC

Havent seen that ... we did experience deck 6 1/2 onboard Carnival Vista this year though ..

In order to get to the teen club you walk up the stairs from deck 6 halfway to deck 7 and then walk through the back of the stairwell to a different set of stairs to go down to the arcade/teen club on deck 6. (My description makes it sound like a secret wall, its not that bad).

We spent the cruise comparing platform stairwell 6 1/2 to platform 9 3/4 ;)

Havent seen that ... we did experience deck 6 1/2 onboard Carnival Vista this year though ..

In order to get to the teen club you walk up the stairs from deck 6 halfway to deck 7 and then walk through the back of the stairwell to a different set of stairs to go down to the arcade/teen club on deck 6. (My description makes it sound like a secret wall, its not that bad).

We spent the cruise comparing platform stairwell 6 1/2 to platform 9 3/4 ;)

Yep. That's the tween deck. Didn't realize they were making a comeback. ;)

It seems that since the move of there MDR to the aft on many ships and entire decks dedicated to open space, you don't see this too often. We did score on a Carnival ship and a Celebrity deck by having hallways that were extra wide and higher than normal ceilings because they were on decide with some public spaces.

...when you are watching YouTube videos of Empress of the Seas (which you sailed on 11 years ago), and don't recognize a single thing on the ship other than the pool.

That's too funny....

I get on youtube and watch the mini-series of "Drydock, A Cruise Ship Reborn" --- When they rehabbed Sovereign back in, I believe, '05 - If there was a way to purchase it,  I'd do it in a heartbeat.

That's too funny....

I get on youtube and watch the mini-series of "Drydock, A Cruise Ship Reborn" --- When they rehabbed Sovereign back in, I believe, '05 - If there was a way to purchase it, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I just recently watched there series again, too. Some of the same people are still with Royal and are still overseeing drydocks.

I was amazed at how many fires they had.

There's another one that's pretty good, too, but it follows another line (MSC?) and its daily operations and is Called Cruise Ship Diaries. It's similar to the show that followed Southwest Airline's operations.