Side 2 Side Cruises from Port Miami

PG Cruiser

I will be on a S2S in November (actually an S2S2S if I include the Odyssey sailing from Port Everglades).   I will be disembarking from the Oasis and then getting on board the Jewel both from Port Miami.  How does Royal do this?  Will both ships be at Terminal A?  I need to figure out parking at the port.

30 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

They will be at different terminals. You would just exit Terminal A after Oasis and drive to the other terminal. I'm not sure which one Jewel will be using.

I did not do my homework for my Freedom sailing.  I didn’t even know which Terminal it was sailing from.  That plus the disruption from the Pro-Haiti rally really got me going around in circles in an area I’m not familiar with.

Does Royal provide Terminal information beforehand?  I didn’t even see any signs at the Port.  Port Canaveral has signs for specific ships and terminals.

PoM Daily Dock Report

https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/Default.aspx

It's primarily for cargo ships but works for cruise ships.  It is more accurate close in (like days).  This far out much of November isn't loaded yet.

392600482_ScreenShot2021-10-23at5_47_49AM.thumb.jpg.31b5fd8f131a0ecd5e46fc901d43ac79.jpg

Typically or what I'd expect would be Symphony and Freedom share terminal A on different days of the week.  Other Royal ships tend to use terminal G when they overlap with SY/FR.  Terminals A and G are the two most distant terminals currently along "cruise ship row" facing the channel.  Technically Virgin's terminal "V" is the closest to downtown Miami on the end of Dodge Island but the ship berths on the end while terminal G berths on the side facing the main channel.  MSC will be building a terminal next to Royal's terminal A in the near future.  MSC tends to use C right now.

Terminals C - G and on the other side terminal J are some of the original cruise ship terminals from the days when they were shared and used by multiple cruise lines.  They are somewhat generic buildings built by the port years ago.  The latest approach has the cruise lines building the terminal and getting preferential berthing rights. 

Royal's terminal A aka "The Crown of Miami", NCL's terminal B (just completed), Virgin's terminal V (old terminal H? location, still under construction) and MSC's (future) terminal AA were built by the cruise lines so they are more modern and unique buildings compared to the generic old terminals.  Virgin didn't like having a generic letter so they asked them to rename it terminal V.

Overview of the cruise terminals:

https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/cruise-terminals.asp

Map:

portmiami-map-2.jpg

Terminal G like the other original terminals is a plain building with old escalators that frequently breakdown.  Keep in mind these older terminals are owned by the port so they are responsible to maintain them, not the cruise lines.  There typically was a suites/pinnacle entrance on the left with the bulk of guests using the doors on the right.  Not sure if they are still doing that.  There is (or was pre-pandemic) a shuttle bus that does a loop around the island every 20 or 30 minutes. It was a small white bus like what some hotel shuttles look like.

Terminal A to G is not walkable as there is no accommodation for pedestrians i.e. - no sidewalks.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

To double check which ship is where I typically take a quick look at marinetraffic.com the morning of the cruise when I first wake up or at a rest stop or fuel break along the highway as I drive.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-80.148/centery:25.775/zoom:14

Thanks for all the info you have provided.  I wish Royal would provide this information clearly in their communications with guests, especially for ports without clear signage. The average cruiser (who doesn’t read boards like this) will be stressed out on Day 1 looking for their ship.

At least at Port Canaveral they had this sign specifically for the Allure

4A3648E1-93E4-4336-98CC-255AF453CEB6.thumb.jpeg.c98f2725814f91fb8eb284f745be0f20.jpeg