Roll Out of Oasis Class Entertainment? (Especially on AOS in August)

Iluv4n6

As more Oasis Class ships begin sailing this month, we would love to hear about how the entertainment options are rolling out.  We are booked on Allure 22AUG21 and haven't seen any entertainment options pop up in CP yet.  Not surprised by this.  We can appreciate that RC has lots of other bigger "fish to fry" to safely restart many ships this summer, but we have always enjoyed the range of fantastic entertainment options on Oasis class, including the aqua show, ice show, and musicals, and hope to be able to do so on our next cruise. 

Please pass along any news you may hear about how entertainment options may be rolling out for Oasis Class.  Will also want to keep tabs with anyone blogging on Allure the first half of August.

Thanks!

Roger & Carol 

Thanks -- will keep tabs on CP nonetheless.  I haven't heard what reduced capacity means for the AOS Aug 22 sailing, but I can understand that lower capacity may mean that reservations aren't necessary from a practical perspective.  I would be interested in hearing from others who are on early August cruises on Oasis class whether all the normal entertainment venues are open and if they noticed any changes to the show lineups due to either lower numbers of passengers or possibly a planned gradual roll-out of various shows as the ships restart.

We always showed up for our reservations on Oasis class. ? 

52 minutes ago, Iluv4n6 said:

Thanks -- will keep tabs on CP nonetheless.  I haven't heard what reduced capacity means for the AOS Aug 22 sailing, but I can understand that lower capacity may mean that reservations aren't necessary from a practical perspective.  I would be interested in hearing from others who are on early August cruises on Oasis class whether all the normal entertainment venues are open and if they noticed any changes to the show lineups due to either lower numbers of passengers or possibly a planned gradual roll-out of various shows as the ships restart.

We always showed up for our reservations on Oasis class. ? 

Hearing around 2K but with the change in vax rules could wind up being less. We are on this also and are curious ourselves. But I believe that you cannot book until onboard. We should know by next week as she sails Sunday.

Cruise Director Marc on the Allure posted this in FB:  "Confirmed for next week: MammaMia, Ice Games, Oceanaria Aqua Show, Headliner Tony Tillman, Headliner Ventriloquist Kevin Johnson, and Comedians Phil Palisoul and JR McCollom. Not sure how we got it all ready, but we did! Great team here and we can’t wait to entertain you"   ?

@cruisinghawg Great to have some info on the likely passenger numbers for the Allure August sailings.  Will be quite interesting to experience Oasis class at ~1/3 capacity for the Aug 22 sailing. 

@Luv2Travel Thanks for re-posting the FB announcement from the Allure cruise director confirming all the main shows are rolling out with the first August sailing. They put in a lot of work on short order to pull that off!  We will be cruising with some friends who have never been on Oasis class before and we were hoping the most if not all of the big entertainment venues/shows would be open.   

Big thanks for the helpful responses!

1 hour ago, Iluv4n6 said:

@cruisinghawg Great to have some info on the likely passenger numbers for the Allure August sailings.  Will be quite interesting to experience Oasis class at ~1/3 capacity for the Aug 22 sailing. 

@Luv2Travel Thanks for re-posting the FB announcement from the Allure cruise director confirming all the main shows are rolling out with the first August sailing. They put in a lot of work on short order to pull that off!  We will be cruising with some friends who have never been on Oasis class before and we were hoping the most if not all of the big entertainment venues/shows would be open.   

Big thanks for the helpful responses!

Does anyone know what the symphony entertainment will be for first cruise and beyond?

Has anyone who's recently sailed had an opportunity to meet the entertainers and discover how they faired during the shutdown?     RCL has a rather substantial entertainment center for on-boarding the talent so curious how they retained the singers/dancers during the shutdown. We usually take time to visit during the behind the curtain tours to hear their stories.