Allianz Travel Insurance Coverage

Because we travel multiple times yearly (like most folks here) both domestically and internationally, we are looking at Allianz Travel Insurance to obtain an annual policy that covers any and all trips we take.

While they have some solid looking plans at reasonable rates, does anyone have any experience with them in regards to their customer service should we have to file any claims?

Comments are appreciated. ?

I just got a quote from them for an annual and it was almost $1500. I’m calling back to speak to someone else because that seems super high. Travel Guard quoted me $518. 

We have 3 cruises in a calendar year. 7 night Caribbean, 7 night Alaska with 3 night land and 12 night Holy Land/Greece with extra land days. Flights, hotels etc. 

Each time I've called Allianz about my rebooked and shifted Alaska cruise, they have been very accommodating and professional.  So far I like their service.  I have never had to make a claim with them, but so far they are answering the phone and helping with shifting dates for travel.

@twangstercan tell you all about filing a claim with them. Not a very good one at that. Have Allianz myself hope if a claim is filed it's better than his experience.

18 hours ago, Jill said:

I just got a quote from them for an annual and it was almost $1500. I’m calling back to speak to someone else because that seems super high. Travel Guard quoted me $518. 

We have 3 cruises in a calendar year. 7 night Caribbean, 7 night Alaska with 3 night land and 12 night Holy Land/Greece with extra land days. Flights, hotels etc. 

That sounds like what my quote was for Premier with $15K cancellation. Oh by the way they say "some" policies cover covid-19. Mine does.