Lift and Shift Price Increase

We had our July 2021 cruise canceled on us. Paid in full for $4700.  Called Royal last week to L&S to same cruise in July 2022.  Never received itemized invoice but I checked online and shows I have a balance of almost $1000.  Which oddly enough is how much extra the new cruise costs. I understand the fees and taxes go up but by that much? Are they refunding me the old cruises fees and taxes of $722 total and expect me to make the $1000 payment? The wait time is over an hour to call.  So any info beforehand is appreciated.  Did Royal screw this up? 

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

When you lift and shift it takes a few days to adjust the fare to the original amount paid.  Wait about 72 hours and you should see the adjustment.

⬆️ Agree with this ⬆️   Might even be longer than 72 hours.  I almost had a heart attack when I did a L&S back in December!!  It took more than a week to get the pricing correct.  Then the gratuities needed to get straightened out...all-in-all I will probably say it took a full 3-4 weeks to have everything back to the way it was!!

You have a year...well 9 months.....when they do the L&S as I understand, they just book the next cruise (to secure the room) then they have manual back office reconciliation to get it back to the price you paid.  If you don't see it updated after a couple weeks, that is when I would call....and the hold times will also have died down by then.

I did a Lift & Shift for my cancelled June 2021 cruise to June 2022.  I have been waiting for my Booking Confirmation since April when the June cruise was cancelled.  My TA has called numerous times and Royal says they are too busy to do the confirmations on my 3 suites since cruising is now restarting, so it may take another 3 weeks.  Makes me feel like a "valued" RC cruiser?!