Australia/NZ Cruising News

3 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

I know Ovation is a Panda, and since this is clearly Anthem - I guess Anthem is a giraffe

What does Quantum, Spectrum and Odyssey have?

Quantum has a giant pink panda (I think), Spectrum had some smaller pandas holding red balloons.

22 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Yep I saw the thing about Voyager sailing year round from Brisbane here @Chili. Yay to getting an older Quantum class than Ovation I guess 🤦🤷‍♂️

It would be good if it does but who knows. I suppose no one else wants Voyager so we may as well take it.

I don’t know where they would send it in our off season.

36 minutes ago, Chili said:

It would be good if it does but who knows. I suppose no one else wants Voyager so we may as well take it.

I don’t know where they would send it in our off season.

I don't think it's that noone wants Voyager - It's probably just that Royal has nowhere to send her to. Assuming they're not going to send any ships to the Middle East/Red Sea region for the foreseeable future - so that rules out Voyager being sent there, and I doubt it'd go to Asia - since Asia would have 4 ships

5 hours ago, KWofPerth said:

I'm happy to get a Voyager class back. Would be nice to have a Radiance too.

Me too! Definitely booking at least once, some longer South Pacific with extra ports from the usual would be perfect!

5 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

I don't think it's that noone wants Voyager - It's probably just that Royal has nowhere to send her to. Assuming they're not going to send any ships to the Middle East/Red Sea region for the foreseeable future - so that rules out Voyager being sent there, and I doubt it'd go to Asia - since Asia would have 4 ships

Maybe the Red Sea issue has worked in our favour this time, too hard to send it anywhere else so might as well keep it in Brisbane year round? I would definitely chose Voyager over Carnival Splendor and the P&O ships that are here in the winter.

Here are my guesses for Wednesday based of the Sydney schedule and calculating the length of each itinerary..

image.png.dd8037ff5f40589bbfcb89547f227ad2.png

Done the same for Voyager - quite a lot of 3/4 nights to Airlie Beach by the looks of it!

image.png.62be6b6a9eb30a44fd4683d7582f80b6.png

2 hours ago, mattymay said:

Me too! Definitely booking at least once, some longer South Pacific with extra ports from the usual would be perfect!

Maybe the Red Sea issue has worked in out favour this time, too hard to send it anywhere else so might as well keep it in Brisbane year round? I would definitely chose Voyager over Carnival Splendor and the P&O ships that are here in the winter.

I'm hoping Royal has some surprise ports on their South Pacific cruises. Hoping Fiji or Vanuatu.

33 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

I'm hoping Royal has some surprise ports on their South Pacific cruises. Hoping Fiji or Vanuatu.

I went to both of them on my first cruise back in 2013. Disappointed they were taken out of rotation ever since.

10 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

AMPED up ADVENTURE.

Did Voyager get her amplification recently?

It was ‘amped’ prior to the last time it was in Aus for the 19/20 season. However the amplification was quite lackluster in my opinion. Added some slides, removed Johnny rockets, didn’t add any of the pool deck coolness added to navigator or mariner. Added more cabins and some were refreshed. It was still a nice ship, though I think it really needs another complementary eatery - ideally pool side - as literally there is only the cafe, buffet, and MDR. 

I don’t think Voyager was actually Amped ,it was just refreshed.

It didn’t get the Tiki bar or the pool area overhaul with lime and coconut.

All Voyager got was more cabins where the concierge lounge was and the where the gym was.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

All Voyager got was more cabins where the concierge lounge was and the where the gym was.

Don't forget the blue hull! 

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Yeah they are classifying it as amplified. There was an announcement about it when it happened. I followed it closely because I was booked to go on it just after the amplification and was super excited following the reveal of the other ships that got amplified, hence the big disappointment at the time. 

Royal has it listed on their site with the amplified ships. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/cruise-ships/renovations-royal-amplified

5 hours ago, Vanessa77 said:

It was ‘amped’ prior to the last time it was in Aus for the 19/20 season. However the amplification was quite lackluster in my opinion. Added some slides, removed Johnny rockets, didn’t add any of the pool deck coolness added to navigator or mariner. Added more cabins and some were refreshed. It was still a nice ship, though I think it really needs another complementary eatery - ideally pool side - as literally there is only the cafe, buffet, and MDR. 

Even if her amplification was lacklustre, honestly, it'll be nice to just have a bit of variety. We've had Ovation (not sure about Quantum) for like 7-8 years, it'll be a nice change... even if it does mean we have to fly to Brisbane for Voyager. Sydney getting Anthem is nice I guess... it is still a Quantum-class and it's basically a carbon copy of Ovation save a few differences.

Hoping Royal will give us Brilliance also and she'll alternate between Brisbane/Sydney. Honestly, the South Pacific, Queensland, Adelaide & Tasmania and New Zealand itineraries are getting boring. There's no variety. If we had a smaller ship like Brilliance, she could tender/dock in places like Norfolk Island, Tonga, Vanuatu, Fiji etc. At the moment from the "leaks" from a couple of days ago, it looks like the itineraries didn't change, and it's still South Pacific and New Zealand - I'm hoping Royal has a surprise up their sleeve, but I'm not holding my breath.

11 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

Was on the lookout for these.

Lunganville, Vanuatu back in rotation with Voyager.

12 minutes ago, mattymay said:

Lunganville, Vanuatu back in rotation with Voyager.

Not very exciting itineraries and we will have been on Voyager in Croatia in September.

Now we need to wait for Asia release to see if there is anything enticing there, it would be cool to try Spectrum at least once.

2 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

Not very exciting itineraries and we will have been on Voyager in Croatia in September.

Now we need to wait for Asia release to see if there is anything enticing there, it would be cool to try Spectrum at least once.

I would also like to try Spectrum. If I had to fly to anywhere to cruise, it'd be Singapore or Hong Kong, since they're places I actually like.

16 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

Yes, I think I'm out for that season. I have Star of the Seas in March 26 so that's probably a good thing anyways.

Spectrum is already released. I think it will just be Ovation in Singapore.

31 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

The pricing the suites on Anthem is WOW (and not in good way). Seems to be about double what we have been paying on Quantum.

The GLS we had on Quantum cost around $13,000 NZD in total, now that is the cost PP.

Probably cause the sailings are just new and those suites are often in high demand. I expect them to go down in the next few months

22 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Probably cause the sailings are just new and those suites are often in high demand

In my experience this is near the cheapest they will be. There may be some price drops but usually they go up from here. We not in rush to book so time will tell if they have a real sale.