Royal being unfair to booked passengers!

Hi,

we are booked on Navigator of the Seas for April 23rd 2017.

We already have our flights that are not changeable.

RCI has pulled that cruise from the Navigator schedule and obviously has chartered that date to ZUMBA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9hCc4O7ss4
https://www.zumba-cruise.com/the-ship/

Yet our TA has not gotten any information what is going to happen to my booking!

RCI is not giving any information which is not right or fair!

I am stuck with this reservation which will obviously not happen and yet they are not communication with the passengers that are already booked!

I find this very unfair on their part - as they know about this for some time....

Do you have any suggestion as to how to get a solution fast?

I need to know ASAP what is going to happen - as the more time goes by prices change and options decrease!

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Generally cruise lines will follow up in short order with some incentives for passengers that vary based on the level of inconveniences (sailings around school breaks, short notice to rebook/cancel air arrangements, etc).

While I can appreciate that you had your mind set on a particular sailing, and this is a bit annoying, disappointing, etc, I'd give them some time to see what is worked out before claiming you've been wronged.  This sailing is 9 months out, so it is quite likely the charter agreement was just finalized. Charters are not infrequent for most cruise lines, and sometimes happen with less notice.  Your TA will get more information and should be your point of contact as they may have more negotiating power with RCCL.  If you booked your air on your own (not through your TA), be sure your TA knows the cost of any changes so that he or she can properly relay this to RCCL.

RCI has been knowing this for weeks - the chartere is selling the cruise for quite some time now as you can see from the website!

So I do not understand how you can appoligize RCI - they are not doing what they need to do, they are lying and withholding information to the disadvatage of the passengers already booked on that cruise!

I was booked on another line that chartered the whole ship out. I knew about it before my TA. I called her and she called them and they wouldn't tell her anything. About 3 weeks later my TA and I received an email stating the cruise was cancelled. There was no reason but they offered another cruise on the same ship at a later date. All money paid would move and I had a 14 day as opposed to the 7 day original cruise plus they gave me $250 OBC and paid for the change fee on my air, so I could rebook it. It took over 8 weeks to get the change fee money, but I did receive it.

It really worked out better, but I was in the same place. I felt like nobody was telling me anything and I had been wronged, but if I had been patient, I would have received the email and everything is better now. It is hard to be patient when you have money on the line but hopefully it will all work out for you.

RCI has been knowing this for weeks - the chartere is selling the cruise for quite some time now as you can see from the website!

So I do not understand how you can appoligize RCI - they are not doing what they need to do, they are lying and withholding information to the disadvatage of the passengers already booked on that cruise!

I'm not apologizing for anyone.  I'm simply trying to offer perspective on how these type of things usually go.  I'm not sure when that site was put up, but I assure you RCCL nor any other cruise line wants to tell people their cruise has been cancelled because of a charter until the agreement has been finalized and everything is a done deal, which could, potentially be long after a company chartering the ship puts something online.  

Was there something specifically they have lied about?

Did the Zumba Group ad say it was booked and had the entire ship? There are lots of group cruises and usually they will say if they have the entire ship booked. We were on one once, that the Oak Ridge Boys had advertised. If your TA is good, he/she, can find out. The ship might not have actually cancelled your cruise.

RCCL will do the right thing. Be patient and let them contact you. I am a Diamond Plus member.

What is the right thing?

I know what but they sure do not....

I am so scared because I have to stick to the basic dates as the change fee for my flights is $700 per person!😲

I have read a lot RCI just abandoned the bookings throwing $100 OBC and people were stuck with their flights...

Hi,

hope you are right!

Well there are 2 ships leaving on that same date but they are 7 nights - mine was 5 nights......the 7 nights would still fit within my flights but I am fearing RCI will not re-book me on a 7 night :(

If I would have to buy the 7 nights at the current price they are WAY over our budget - as about 1 year has passed since we booked the 5 night at a very good price.

Hi,

I

mailed them and suggested to re-book to the 7 night as it would be an easy way out - win-win they have the availability and we would not have to worry about airline-fees and other things....hope they will realize that that way they can make me happy and have no further discussions...

Hi,

I

mailed them and suggested to re-book to the 7 night as it would be an easy way out - win-win they have the availability and we would not have to worry about airline-fees and other things....hope they will realize that that way they can make me happy and have no further discussions...

I think your being reasonable with that request, I would think they would agree.

If you walk away with some OBC aswell that would be a bonus, you may even end up with a better vacation than you planned in the first place.

I'm interested to see how this turns out, best of luck.