Aft Balcony Privacy

Welcome to the message boards.

When someone in a cabin above you stands at their railing they can see you if you are also standing at your railing.  If you are standing at your cabin door or in the middle of your balcony they cannot see you you.

The same can be said of any aft balcony on Royal ships because the aft tends to slope downward at an angle.

Here is a picture taken from the outdoor seating in the Windjammer on Radiance.  The closest balconies below are the aft balconies starting on deck 10, then deck 9, then deck 8 and so on.  

RDAK-178.jpg

Note however there is no other ship superstructure blocking the view from these cabins.  They are arguably the best aft balcony cabins in the fleet.  I have several booked.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards.

When someone in a cabin above you stands at their railing they can see you if you are also standing at your railing.  If you are standing at your cabin door or in the middle of your balcony they cannot see you you.

The same can be said of any aft balcony on Royal ships because the aft tends to slope downward at an angle.

Here is a picture taken from the outdoor seating in the Windjammer on Radiance.  The closest balconies below are the aft balconies starting on deck 10, then deck 9, then deck 8 and so on.  

RDAK-178.jpg

Note however there is no other ship superstructure blocking the view from these cabins.  They are arguably the best aft balcony cabins in the fleet.  I have several booked.

Looking forward to our aft corner JS on Rhapsody this fall for our Greek Islands cruise. ?

On 4/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, Jill said:

We’ve got a corner aft JS on Radiance for Alaska next May. My only fear is we are under the Windjammer. I’ve been told not to worry lol 

We just booked right below the WJ on Adventure. I’m not as concerned about people looking down on us but more about the potential noise. But as you said, everything I have read says it’s not an issue.

We’ve never cruised this far aft but we could pass up the larger cabin and balcony at no extra cost!

On 4/3/2021 at 4:02 PM, Biff215 said:

We just booked right below the WJ on Adventure. I’m not as concerned about people looking down on us but more about the potential noise. But as you said, everything I have read says it’s not an issue.

We’ve never cruised this far aft but we could pass up the larger cabin and balcony at no extra cost!

I stayed in an aft balcony on Navigator, one floor below the Windjammer.  While I heard zero noise from the Windjammer, if I went out onto my deck in the middle of the night I could hear music coming from the area of the Flowrider.  It couldn't be heard from within the room, though, even with the balcony door open.