Minority/woman owned small business suppliers

How much money (either $ or %) is contracted with minority or women owned small businesses for restocking the ships on turnaround day? The amount of money spent in Florida ports to replenish the ships must be huge. Is any of the money contracted with these businesses?  If not, what will Royal Caribbean and the other cruise lines commit to to grow the local economy. 

I'm 100% confident this would go a long way in reopening sailing. 

I understand that this forum may not know the answers to these questions.  But does cruise industry have an obligation to contract with these businesses to grow the economy.  Most large businesses either contract directly with minority/women owned business or include it in their bid requirements that contractors use subcontractors that meet these requirements.  Many local governments require this to use government funded or owned facilities.  Florida is different.  

My guess is their words before Congress and the administration would carry more weight if they could say these local businesses are impacted.

Matt - I think a story highlighting the human impact on these businesses would be interesting for us all.

9 minutes ago, SteelersNationVA said:

I understand that this forum may not know the answers to these questions.  But does cruise industry have an obligation to contract with these businesses to grow the economy.  Most large businesses either contract directly with minority/women owned business or include it in their bid requirements that contractors use subcontractors that meet these requirements.  Many local governments require this to use government funded or owned facilities.  Florida is different.  

My guess is their words before Congress and the administration would carry more weight if they could say these local businesses are impacted.

Matt - I think a story highlighting the human impact on these businesses would be interesting for us all.

While government contracts are easier to review and research I don't know that any private company is required to disclose their supply chain logistics.  I'm also not aware of laws or regulations that govern private companies with respect to how they select vendors and suppliers.

Perhaps you should contact the cruise lines on social media and inquire with them directly.