Chef's Table... accommodating for pescetarians/vegetarians?

KLA

I've thought of asking this a few times, and not sure if I'll go for it but it'd be good to know if it was an option. 

Will Chef's Table accommodate diets such as pescatarian, vegetarian, or vegan? Also, how would I go about addressing this with the reservation?

I've thought of asking this a few times, and not sure if I'll go for it but it'd be good to know if it was an option. 

Will Chef's Table accommodate diets such as pescatarian, vegetarian, or vegan? Also, how would I go about addressing this with the reservation?

Ohh, Kayla, you had to know this was coming...

Have your travel agent contact Royal :-)

That in mind, I do hope someone has personal experience with this.  While I'm sure they make some accomodation, I too am interested in feedback on the experience.

That in mind, I do hope someone has personal experience with this.  While I'm sure they make some accomodation, I too am interested in feedback on the experience.

HAHA! Yes, I know Royal can be contacted... I was more looking for if someone had experiences with it / if the alternatives offered were actually good and not like... a cheese plate and a plain salad. 

As to what those substitutes are, I cannot say.

HAHA! Yes, I know Royal can be contacted... I was more looking for if someone had experiences with it / if the alternatives offered were actually good and not like... a cheese plate and a plain salad. 

Well, Matt.  I think you and I both know what this means.  Research dining.  I'll strap the Go-Pro to my fork, you umm, pay the bill?  

I did the chefs table last year and the food was better than the specialty restaurants.  Wine is paired with each course.  My wife only drinks white where as I drink all kinds.  So I got her reds on 3 servings.  People were asking for seconds on food and  received them.  It was worth it to do one time. Yes it is pricey.  Those who were at the table were very nice folks.  We had an enjoyable evening and a magnificent dinner.  This cruise coming up we are sticking with the specialty dining dinners.    No one asked for substitutions on the wine but that said it may be possible. The wife didn't think of it.  As far as vegan food goes I am sorry that I don"t know the answer.  Like others have said call your travel agent and Royal Caribbean and Google it.  Royal may give you the run around or pretend to know so ask for a supervisor.  At least then you will get a real answer.  Bon Appetite

• 4 months later...

i emailed RC, they said they have lots of vegetarian options.  No vegan options. My 16yo daughter and I are vegan (no meat dairy or egg).  They requested that l speak to the people when we board. Even though ld love to lose a few kg, hoping it wont be on this cruise. :D   

i emailed RC, they said they have lots of vegetarian options.  No vegan options. My 16yo daughter and I are vegan (no meat dairy or egg).  They requested that l speak to the people when we board. Even though ld love to lose a few kg, hoping it wont be on this cruise. :D   

Talk to the MDR once you board - typically, you'll be able to see the menu before your meal each night and make special requests. I've heard of lots of people getting plates of grilled veggies and curries whipped up to accommodate a vegan diet. Also lots of options in the Windjammer and usually a fantastic salad bar and oats and potatoes... AND usually on sea day afternoons there is a nacho bar so you can load up on salsa and guac and veggies... though I believe Sabor guacamole would be preferred! :) Also, if your ship has Johnny Rocket's their veggie burger is awesome! 

I've oscillated back and forth from Vegan to Pescetarian and am leaning much more closely to Vegan at the moment, so I've done a little research around this. It's definitely doable, just takes talking to the right people. They'll go out of their way for you. :) OH - and if you have Izumi, check in to some of their veggie sushi rolls! I think they also have a tofu dish that looked pretty awesome from what I recall. 

You'll have no problem eating vegan on board. 

SO... for Chef's table, they were EASILY able to accommodate my request for specialty diets and were SUPER nice about it. The wine and all of the food was absolutely amazing. 10/10 experience and would definitely go again. Vlad on Brilliance of the Seas is wonderful! 

As Kayla said, speak to the restaurant management. They'll provide you with there next night's menu for you to special order your meal fire there next day. During lunch in there Main Dining Room, they usually have a salad and pasta station set up in addition to the menu service, so that's an option, too. At the Windjammer, look for the Executive Sous Chef who manages the buffet. He or she will be able to walk you around and explain what is appropriate for your dietary restrictions.