Changing a person on reservation

UNCFanatik

I am planning a cruise in July 2021, already paid deposit and i just learned my 19 year old step daughter may not be able to go.

The reservation is in my name. we are a party of 4 staying in one cabin.

Could i replace my step daughter if she does not go?

And would any purchases on cruise planner be transferrable to her? 

Last question, my wife and I have purchased deluxe beverage package. If i can replace her and her replacement is over 21, would we automatically be charged for the going rate of beverage package for her?

1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

Could i replace my step daughter if she does not go?

Yes, @steverkanswer is correct

would any purchases on cruise planner be transferrable to her? 

Not sure, never tried

my wife and I have purchased deluxe beverage package. If i can replace her and her replacement is over 21, would we automatically be charged for the going rate of beverage package for her?

Probably not, but not sure. RC's system isn't quite that sophisticated, unless it cancels the purchase when your daughter gets replaced.

You can replace her, that's no problem. There is a deadline- it's more than 24 hours before sailing, the exact time frame varies a bit- it depends on when Royal Caribbean sends the manifest to the government. But like 3 days before sailing is likely fine, it will take a lot of work to do a name change after that. It can be done, just takes work!

As to the beverage packages/excursions- you'll lose them for her, once her name drops off her purchases will be cancelled and you'll have to redo them. It's a different system so there's just no replacing on that part to my knowledge. 

If the person you replace her with is over 21 and you two have already purchased, not sure. Technically everyone over 21 must purchase but if you've already done it I don't know.

@Baked Alaskayes a person in a suite can be replaced too. One guest must remain the same.