Grandeur

6 hours ago, KristiZ said:

Does anyone else think Grandeur may never sail again? I'm booked on her final sailing next March, but I fear with the Pullmantur bankruptcy and the expected staggered restart of cruising that she might not come back for those last 6 months at all.

Tell me I'm crazy! 

? ? ? 

I fear the same, Kristi.  That’s why I opted for B2B Symphony Cruises in Feb 2021 rather than the super military discount deal that I found on a 12 night Grandeur cruise. I just don’t think Grandeur is coming back to Royal. 

1 minute ago, coneyraven said:

One of the unique things about Lady G vs, say, Rhapsody or Vision, is that she does have those scrubbers installed in the exhaust.... that could be the one thing that saves her from the scrapyard

Indeed.  There is speculation that Pullmantur will relaunch in the future after working through bankruptcy.  If so Lady G may be her flagship due in no small part to the scrubbers required in many areas. 

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Indeed.  There is speculation that Pullmantur will relaunch in the future after working through bankruptcy.  If so Lady G may be her flagship due in no small part to the scrubbers required in many areas. 

That's sort of my thought process, assuming Horizon, Monarch & Sovereign are scrapped (which breaks my heart) --- Grandeur, and perhaps other Vision Class Ships may be the dawn of a new era for Pullmantur.  My guess would be Lady G, Rhapsody, and Vision with Enchantment staying in Baltimore for a while (although, it has been documented that a Radiance Class ship will fit under the bridges)...... Brilliance & Baltimore.... a winning combination..

27 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

That's sort of my thought process, assuming Horizon, Monarch & Sovereign are scrapped (which breaks my heart) --- Grandeur, and perhaps other Vision Class Ships may be the dawn of a new era for Pullmantur.  My guess would be Lady G, Rhapsody, and Vision with Enchantment staying in Baltimore for a while (although, it has been documented that a Radiance Class ship will fit under the bridges)...... Brilliance & Baltimore.... a winning combination..

I think something along those lines as well.

The pandemic gives Royal investors reason to give Fain a pass on scrapping the old ones and Fain gets to move Vision class nearly out of RCI.  

That leaves Empress and Majesty.  Not sure how long Royal will hold out waiting for a Cuba to become available during the pandemic or initial pandemic aftermath.   

On 7/2/2020 at 9:02 AM, coneyraven said:

Keep your hands off our Brilliance, Raven!! Lol!