Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Curiosity regarding Odyssey sailing


Recommended Posts

11/20/20 scheduled on the Odyssey out of Port Everglades. If the Odyssey is not completed due to the construction delays, would RCCL possibly insert another ship that has a cancelled itinerary? 

Just curious as to your thoughts, thanks everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt they'd swap you over to another ship automatically.  More likely just cancel the sailing.  I'm in the same "boat" (excuse the pun).  We have a BTB booked for November 28 and December 4, 2020, and I'm getting a little nervous.  I may, in the next few days, book another sailing for the same dates (maybe Symphony), and then cancel it if Odyssey does end up being delivered on time, and use the credit for a future sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When they need to cancel a sailing they do just that - cancel it.  It's not like with airlines that can swap in another plane when one breaks down.  

Any other ship already has bookings and most likely the process of mapping booked cabin to another ship would be highly problematic.  It's simply more efficient to cancel all bookings and then people can find a replacement cruise that suits their needs or accept a refund.  

I'm booked on the first four Odyssey sailings and then again in the spring in Europe.  I'm assuming the first four will be lost but I'm not sure about the transatlantic or the first one from Rome. 

Only time will tell but I expect the build delay will be measured in months, not weeks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hooper said:

I may, in the next few days, book another sailing for the same dates (maybe Symphony), and then cancel it if Odyssey does end up being delivered on time, and use the credit for a future sailing.

That's exactly what we did.  We are booked on the inaugural sailing (losing hope for it by the day) and we also have Navigator booked for the same time.  If Odyssey is a go, we'll cancel Navigator.  If not, then we have a plan B.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neesa said:

11/20/20 scheduled on the Odyssey out of Port Everglades. If the Odyssey is not completed due to the construction delays, would RCCL possibly insert another ship that has a cancelled itinerary? 

Just curious as to your thoughts, thanks everyone. 

If you’re looking for that new ship feeling but a little more upmarket. There’s some decent deals on Celebrity Apex (which luckily is already done and just hasn’t sailed yet) that leaves on 11/21 out of Port Everglades. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 7:55 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That's exactly what we did.  We are booked on the inaugural sailing (losing hope for it by the day) and we also have Navigator booked for the same time.  If Odyssey is a go, we'll cancel Navigator.  If not, then we have a plan B.

We were thinking of doing the same..but with the final payment due on the Odyssey in July, I dont think we are going to know about International travel options for Nov that early. So we are really up in the air about this. Between flights, hotels and multiple cruise bookings, its quite a headache and not sure what we will end up doing.

 

Odyssey not sailing is pretty much a given at this point I think, so that's the assumption we are trying to make some alternate plans based on that but......

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wondered the same..July 28th its due..booked through Costco.

 

Biggest issue is that her vacation schedule for 2021 isn't able to be picked till Dec of 2020....so we are not able to rebook flights or cruises from this year to next year, even if change fees are waived and credits given etc. 

 

Was supposed to be a great cruise year....looks like it could turn into a trip to Cuba year  or perhaps nowhere depending on the border restrictions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 6:55 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That's exactly what we did.  We are booked on the inaugural sailing (losing hope for it by the day) and we also have Navigator booked for the same time.  If Odyssey is a go, we'll cancel Navigator.  If not, then we have a plan B.

I booked Oasis for November 4th as my plan B.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...