Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DanielB

Port No Show

Recommended Posts

I know I have seen this asked and answered, but I have searched and can not find.

If there are 2 people booked in a room and 1 does not show at the port, the other just lets them know that there is no intent of them coming and board the ship as normal.  As they will receive double points for the reservation just like a solo booking.  Is that correct?  Any tips or precautions to doing this?

As always, thanks a bunch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DanielB said:

I know I have seen this asked and answered, but I have searched and can not find.

If there are 2 people booked in a room and 1 does not show at the port, the other just lets them know that there is no intent of them coming and board the ship as normal.  As they will receive double points for the reservation just like a solo booking.  Is that correct?  Any tips or precautions to doing this?

As always, thanks a bunch.

 

This happened to us once.  My husband and I drove to Fort Lauderdale for a 5-night trip on Majesty. I boarded the ship with him, but ended up getting off before we sailed to go home due to a family situation. He stayed and sailed solo.  He received 10 points for the trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 9:46 PM, DanielB said:

If there are 2 people booked in a room and 1 does not show at the port, the other just lets them know that there is no intent of them coming and board the ship as normal.  As they will receive double points for the reservation just like a solo booking.  Is that correct?

Correct. Nothing extra to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Correct. Nothing extra to do.

So I had a friend that just did this and did not get the additional point per night for sailing solo.  When they called the Crown and Anchor desk to have it fixed they were told that they show that he sailed alone but the additional person was not cancelled off the reservation so he would only receive 1 point per night.  

Any suggestions?  I have invited him here as well since this site is great info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DanielB said:

So I had a friend that just did this and did not get the additional point per night for sailing solo.  When they called the Crown and Anchor desk to have it fixed they were told that they show that he sailed alone but the additional person was not cancelled off the reservation so he would only receive 1 point per night.  

Any suggestions?  I have invited him here as well since this site is great info.

Did the no show get refunded the port fees and taxes?  If that didn't happen, they are entitled to that refund as well as the double points.  I would have him push the issue until that gets taken care of.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Did the no show get refunded the port fees and taxes?  If that didn't happen, they are entitled to that refund as well as the double points.  I would have him push the issue until that gets taken care of.  

Thanks, I will find out and tell him to keep pushing.  I know he spoke to a supervisor yesterday...Frank was his name, no clue why I remember him telling the name.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, steverk said:

We just had this happen in January and did not receive double points.  I've asked my travel agent to look in to it, but haven't heard of any progress on it.

@steverk please update here if you get a resolution.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He still can not get a resolution to this and has called 3 times and spoken to numerous people.  An email was sent 2 days ago as well and no response.  I am in the same situation as I sail on the 15th with a cancellation in my room making me solo, I am hoping for double points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...