Solo traveler

Trish D

Cozumel food tour with chef Emily 

Not a fan of Costa Maya, but we go to maya chan beach resort every time we are there. It is a pleasantly primitive with phenomenal customer service.

No recommendations for Roatan. We have only been there once and i did a Snuba scooter excursion through  royal Caribbean. 

boss_3.jpg

Cococay- Most anything is fun. Snorkel. Jet ski. I'm not much on water park  stuff but the park there is world class. 

Cozumel we found a little chocolate factory (not the excursion one) (https://kaokaochocolatefactorytour.com/) that was very informative. Port itself very busy. 

Costa Maya- Chachoben ruins are about an hour away. There was a beach area with quaint little shops and restaurants  maybe 10 minutes taxi ride from the port. Port itself also busy.

Roatan-  World class snorkeling.

15 hours ago, Patricia Dusseau said:

Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into them. Hopefully this will get easier the more I start to travel. 

At Cozumel there are many excursions that take you to the mainland, but remember that the ferry ride is fast and bumpy.  I get a little queasy but don't need meds for the trip.  However, seasickness pills are usually provided.  Just wanted you forewarned.   Cozumel is popular for purchasing jewelry, but remember to cut through the hype.  The quoted price is never the real price.  Check online in the US before you travel if you are thinking of making a purchase.  Then you will know the typical price. (Don't pay $700 for $300 earrings.)   Other than that, it can be fun to go from store to store with the shopping guide just to sample the drinks without buying anything substantial.  There is supposed to be a good Cozumel Island museum near downtown - a cab could probably take you.  I've seen some good online reviews, but I haven't made it there as yet.  At Roatan we visited Maya Key for snorkeling, swimming, seeing zoo animals, shopping for artisanal gifts, etc.  It is a short boat ride from the ship and reasonably priced.  There is a swimming pool plus swimming areas at their beach.

If you want company at dinner, you can ask to share a table in the Main Dining Room rather than sitting alone. (Have your agent arrange this or talk to Royal staff.)    When we took your itinerary in September, we dined with a single woman and had delightful conversation.