Uber/Lyft from MCO to Port canaveral

sherdawgg

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

A rental car can also be an affordable option and provides much better flexibility depending on your plans.  

+1 for the rental car option.  National (and probably others, as well) does not have a one-way rental penalty in FL so you can rent the car at the airport in Orlando and return it in Cape Canaveral without paying anything extra.  That way you have a way to get around to go out to eat, go to the Kennedy Space Center (for example) and keep your bags safe all day.  You can return the car after hours.  It is the right option for us, every time.

Kind of off topic, but is it easy enough to get an Uber at PC? We're docking there early next week and would like to Uber to Cocoa Beach. Is the pickup area well marked? Dock time is 7:00 a.m. If we waited until 11ish to get off the ship, would we likely avoid surge pricing?

59 minutes ago, Kylie said:

Kind of off topic, but is it easy enough to get an Uber at PC? We're docking there early next week and would like to Uber to Cocoa Beach. Is the pickup area well marked? Dock time is 7:00 a.m. If we waited until 11ish to get off the ship, would we likely avoid surge pricing?

They will probably kick you off they ship by 9:30am, 10 at the latest. We found the disembarkation process extremely quick at PC (about 25 min to scan out, go through customs, collect luggage and find shuttle), so you might be standing around for a while if you want to wait for transportation until 11.

14 hours ago, Kylie said:

If you are talking about PC as a port stop, then you shouldn't have much of an issue with surge pricing.  A lot of folks who are going on excursions are taking private transportation so you won't have as much competition for rideshares.  You should have no issues getting an Uber or Lyft.    I haven't docked there for a port stop, so I can't really attest to where you'll need to walk to catch the rideshares, but I can't imagine it will be difficult to find.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you are talking about PC as a port stop, then you shouldn't have much of an issue with surge pricing.  A lot of folks who are going on excursions are taking private transportation so you won't have as much competition for rideshares.  You should have no issues getting an Uber or Lyft.    I haven't docked there for a port stop, so I can't really attest to where you'll need to walk to catch the rideshares, but I can't imagine it will be difficult to find.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

It's very easy to get an Uber at Canaveral. There isn't a designated area for ride shares. They just come to the pick up area like anyone picking someone up.

Sorry if I wasn't clear that I meant Canaveral as a port stop. Thank you very much, everyone!