Symphony OTS Ocean View Balcony

Sheissailing

Hello

I am booking a cruise on Symphony in an ocean view balcony. From experience on the other Oasis class ships, I have noticed that sometimes the bed is closer to the balcony and other times it’s closer to the bathroom. I really prefer my bed closer to the balcony and the couch closer to the bathroom. Is there anyway of knowing how the rooms are laid out? It is not as simple as odd and even or every other. Learned that the hard way and I don’t want another situation where I have to waste time switching onboard. Any input is appreciated. BR

@Matt answered this on a recent podcast.  Something about finding a room pic online someone posted and then counting the rooms from there.  They alternate where the bed is located.  I think that was the advice he provided.  I personally like the bed closer to the restroom.  I feel there is more room to get in and out to the balcony.  Each their own though :12_slight_smile:

This method totally DID NOT work on my last cruise on Harmony. ? Dublin, we sleep with the balcony door wide open. Guess we’re weird folk. Had a bird incident a couple times but love waking to the sound and smell of the ocean. Hate waking to the smell of the bathroom when your boyfriend is back from Vitality before you’re ready to be awake. 

On 4/10/2017 at 9:27 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Cabins are fabricated in "sets" of 2 - one room has the bed by the balcony and one with the bed by the closets.

Look at the deck plan of the deck you are on.

Find the nearest set of connected staterooms (you will know them by the set of double arrows, indicating  connecting rooms)

Picture yourself in the HALLWAY looking at the cabin doors

The cabin on the right (of the "set" of connecting rooms) will have the bed by the balcony.  The cabin on the left has the bed by the closets.

Then alternate (balcony, closet, balcony, closet) until you get to your room and that is where your bed will be placed.

Make sure you orient yourself in the HALLWAY before you start "counting".

RBRSKI, according to this method, 11300 on Oasis will have the bed by the closet.  You will have to let us know when you get back !!

I tried making a visual representation of @WAAAYTOOO's procedure.  I'm hoping somebody can confirm if we got it right.

768064876_ScreenShot2019-09-23at11_14_50AM.thumb.png.fceb6213819d3903f1164bbc75859f60.png

1 hour ago, RatedPG said:

Looks like @WAAAYTOOO's procedure does not work for the room layout on the Ovation.  I was in 3548, an ocean view room,  where the bed was by the window.  Could the procedure apply only to balcony rooms?

2144374554_ScreenShot2019-09-23at11_22_56AM.thumb.png.3832cfa95bd778fe9e42f3e52f602ec8.png

Yes, I think it only works for the balcony rooms and not sure it even works on the Q class at all !

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, I think it only works for the balcony rooms and not sure it even works on the Q class at all !

I tried it for all the rooms I've stayed in on Harmony, Majesty, Serenade, Mariner, and Ovation.  It's only on the Ovation that it did not work.

@Matt, I don't know if we have one already, but with 10,000+ members on this message boards, I think we can work on a comprehensive database of staterooms using crowd-sourced data. I get information from cruisedeckplans and other sites, but I think it would be cool to have our own ... my two cents.