CocoCay passport?

KBugNC

Just now, KBugNC said:

Do you need a passport if you are just doing the weekend CocoCay cruise with no other ports?

You always need proper cruise documentation to go on a cruise. So that's either a passport or government ID & birth certificate.

More info on what documents you need: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/united-states-citizen-travel-documentation

You will need photo identification to first board the ship.  We have always used a passport to do that so not sure if a drivers license will be acceptable (perhaps it is). 

I was in Labadee (another private island for Royal) and they did not require any photo id to get back on the ship other than the seapass card.  I would imagine Coco Cay is the same but not sure.  Hopefully someone has been on a similar cruise and can confirm.  You could also check and see what is acceptable forms of id for getting on the cruise itself as I would imagine there is no need.

As Matt said above, you will still need a passport or the birth certificate + acceptable ID to get on the cruise- the government doesn't care that you never left Royal property, they care that you're going to/went to the Bahamas (or Haiti). At the island itself, just your SeaPass card will do for getting on & off the ship.

1 hour ago, KBugNC said:

Do you need a passport if you are just doing the weekend CocoCay cruise with no other ports?

Additionally, I don't think folks mentioned that if you need to fly home out of the Bahamas, you will need a passport.  For example, you have a medical emergency at Coco Cay, you are evacuated to a hospital in the Bahamas, and someday you need to go home....

7 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Additionally, I don't think folks mentioned that if you need to fly home out of the Bahamas, you will need a passport.  For example, you have a medical emergency at Coco Cay, you are evacuated to a hospital in the Bahamas, and someday you need to go home....

First I agree a passport is best. However not much of a problem getting back from the Bahamas without one. Having insurance is what is very important.

35 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

That is a great point! I didn't even think of that. I have a friend that doesn't have a passport yet so we were just wondering.