Drink Package Price Increase!!

AlexWinters

On 8/16/2019 at 2:27 PM, marti314 said:

This is clearly what RCL is hoping for, they can raise the prices to whatever they want and people will keep paying it.  Worked well for APPLE for years and now the IPHONE is not even their largest revenue generator

For me, yes, this is the case, I'm Diamond+ now, so if I want to buy it and the onboard price is reduced I will use my 30% discount and buy it, otherwise I won't.

My actual point was, if the price is to steep I will leave it alone, I will either use my Diamond privileges (3 free drinks) or Diamond lounge or Suite Lounge and get the drinks I want.

I will not freely just pay any price, it has to be justified and worth the price IMO, then I will pay it.

On 8/16/2019 at 2:46 PM, JLMoran said:

First off, if I understood @tiny260 correctly he just means that whether Royal raises the package price higher than he's willing to pay or not, he'll continue sailing with Royal because the overall product / experience is still superior. I did not in any way see him saying he'd continue to buy the package if it got too expensive.

Yes, this is correct, I have a Harmony sailing in October, plan on using my Diamond+ discount on board if the on board price is reasonable, if not, I won't buy a package. I will just go to the Diamond lounge or the Suite lounge and have drinks there.

17 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Hmm, I thought the Bliss and other Breakaway+ class ships shared the same split bathroom arrangement as Epic class. We’re talking about the setup where the bathroom is effectively open to the occupants of the room when it’s in use, right?

Split bathroom is Epic only, they learned from that debacle

Hi Folks, first time poster but veteran cruiser.

It was asked earlier if the increase in the package prices means an increase in the per drink prices on-board.  I didn't see an answer and I'd still be curious to know.

My wife and I purchased the deluxe package for the 1st time on our last cruise (2 years ago).  We ended up liking it for the convenience, and when we included the deluxe coffee, OJ and bottled waters, we ended up on the plus side (kept track because we were curious).  We hemmed and hawed for our upcoming cruise in September and then decided that we'd purchase it when the next sale popped up, which it did today.  Of course, I see the same increase that everyone else is seeing.  In total, it's not huge (47 vs 51), but it does add up.  We don't mind trading convenience for a little bit of cash, but we don't want to get hosed.

So all that stated, I'm still wondering if this package increase also reflects an increase of the on-board per drink prices.  The only price chart I've seen was for Oasis and from what I've read, prices are more expensive on the big ships compared to others (we'll be on Serenade).

I am sailing on Mariner Of the Seas at the end of September and have also noticed the huge increase in not only the drink package, but even lack of sales on the dining and shore excursions (Coco Cay) until today.  None of the pricing is as good as it was 2 months ago, which makes me wonder if I should lock it in now before it goes up again or should I expect a better sale over Labor Day weekend?

1 hour ago, jonboy71 said:

I am sailing on Mariner Of the Seas at the end of September and have also noticed the huge increase in not only the drink package, but even lack of sales on the dining and shore excursions (Coco Cay) until today.  None of the pricing is as good as it was 2 months ago, which makes me wonder if I should lock it in now before it goes up again or should I expect a better sale over Labor Day weekend?

Always lock it in now.  Then just cancel and repurchase if you see the price drop before your cruise.  Then you don't have to worry about missing out on the current price if it does go up even more.