Questions about Liberty of The Seas on 8/11/19

Hi,

It's my first time posting on this forum after about a month of reading. I had some questions about my upcoming cruise that I am sure have already been answered somewhere, but I have yet to come across them.

Just some back ground on the cruise it started out as a cruise with me and my father in an interior promenade room, and has slowly morphed into a cruise that includes my mother (Diamond), father (Diamond) , my girlfriend (22, first time cruiser, Diamond), and myself (Diamond). We currently have on 1 Grand Suite (one bedroom), and 1 Junior Suite,  and we are on the wait list to upgrade the Junior Suite to a Grand. We have each purchased a deluxe drink package, the key, and the UDP. 

Now for my questions,

1. Is there any real difference between the Suite Lounge and the Diamond Lounge?

2. Will me and my girlfriend be missing out by not being able to enter the Suite Lounge?

3. In your opinions- is it even worth upgrading the Junior Suite to a suite in order to get the "'Gold Card"?

4. My girlfriend, a first time cruiser who has never been out of the country is concerned that since she got shared diamond status she will be looked down upon-Should I be worried?

5. I'm also wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks about the Liberty of the Seas that they were wanting to share.

6. I've read thru man of the "Liveish" cruise blogs and I am considering doing one of myself as this community seems like a great one.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Edited by cruisekyle
clarification of questions

• cruisekyle changed the title to Questions about Liberty of The Seas on 8/11/19

1. Is there any real difference between the Suite Lounge and the Diamond Lounge?

• The diamond lounge is smaller and will be very crowded during the Diamond happy hour period each evening.  The suite lounge will also be popular during happy hour for the free drinks. However, since you all have the DX drink package I would avoid both lounges during happy hour.  You have access to better drink choices compared to the well drinks and table wines offered during happy hour.  Outside of happy hour, the two lounges are not substantially different other than different decor.  

2. Will me and my girlfriend be missing out by not being able to enter the Suite Lounge?

• As offered above, with the DX you are better off avoiding the lounges during happy hours.  During that day both lounges will have seats available.  The suite lounge may be slightly nicer but doesn't offer anything that's not available in the diamond lounge.  I suppose emotionally there may be some FOMO but I wouldn't let that get to you.

3. In your opinions- is it even worth upgrading the Junior Suite to a suite in order to get the "'Gold Card"?

• IMO not on anything except Quantum and Oasis class.  A gold card doesn't offer significantly better benefits on Freedom class other than a slightly bigger cabin.

4. My girlfriend, a first time cruiser who has never been out of the country is concerned that since she got shared diamond status she will be looked down upon-Should I be worried?

• Not at all.  If her SeaPass card says Diamond she is Diamond.  Period.  End of story.  No one will know her cruise history and it's not relevant.  Put her mind at ease, she is a Diamond member like everyone else who is a Diamond member.

5. I'm also wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks about the Liberty of the Seas that they were wanting to share.

• Check out the helipad, it's open to the public.

6. I've read thru man of the "Liveish" cruise blogs and I am considering doing one of myself as this community seems like a great one.

• That would be great but keep yourself in the present with your fellow cruisers.  Live blogging is an effort and it can consume time.  Time on a cruise is precious so if you have some free time and feel like participating that's great but do not let it take you away from living in the moment.  You can always recap and post about it after the cruise when you are back on boring land.  

35 minutes ago, cruisekyle said:

We have each purchased a deluxe drink package, the key, and the UDP. 

If the people in the Grand also purchased the Key then it is basically redundant of the features with the Suite. I would cancel and get my money back. 

For the Junior Suite the Key is beneficial.

2 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

If the people in the Grand also purchased the Key then it is basically redundant of the features with the Suite. I would cancel and get my money back. 

For the Junior Suite the Key is beneficial.

I will look into that tonight, I had not thought that all the way through.

With the full suite (GS) your parents will have access to one of the specialty restaurants (usually at Chops but can be any one of them) for breakfast. It is a very nice perk but probably, alone, not worth the price of upgrading.

As Twangster said, if you were going to be on an Oasis Class ship then there would be enough upgrade perks to probably tempt you to upgrade but on Liberty, probably not.  The Junior Suite is a very nice room !  You will ave lots more room than the Promenade room and a bathroom with a full tub and shower.  That’s a real plus !  You will also have a walk-in closet which your parents will NOT have in their GS so make sure they know that and see if they have closet envy !

47 minutes ago, allyb said:

honest question, how can one be a first time cruiser but also a diamond? is it because you are diamond and sharing a room? TIA!!

If you enter into a "significant other" relationship with someone who is a diamond and tell Royal before your trip, that person will have the same loyalty program rank as you.

3 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

If you enter into a "significant other" relationship with someone who is a diamond and tell Royal before your trip, that person will have the same loyalty program rank as you.

Thanks for the response! This is good to keep in mind, I'm only platinum but will likely reach Diamond well before my boyfriend (we're in our early 20's). Great to know, thanks!

On 7/18/2019 at 10:44 PM, allyb said:

honest question, how can one be a first time cruiser but also a diamond? is it because you are diamond and sharing a room? TIA!!

@allyb  I am just now seeing this but in addition to being saying "significant other" you will also need to be living at the same address. 

When I called royal it took about 5 minutes to get her a crown and anchor number, and her shared status. I would also recommend calling the Crown and Anchor Society line and not the Royal main line, it might make things go a little smoother.

• 2 weeks later...

So one more question for everyone. We were printing luggage tags and noticed that the GS says "suite" on the luggage tag and the JS does not. Will the luggage be delivered to the suite faster? Does this change anything? I did not see expedited luggage as a suite perk. Thank you in advance.

12 minutes ago, cruisekyle said:

So one more question for everyone. We were printing luggage tags and noticed that the GS says "suite" on the luggage tag and the JS does not. Will the luggage be delivered to the suite faster? Does this change anything? I did not see expedited luggage as a suite perk. Thank you in advance.

Theoretically, yes. Suite tags are supposed to get priority