Jump to content
Ralph

Just came off the Navigator 4 night cruise ( 6/24 -6/28 ) HOOKED!

Recommended Posts

We had an amazing time! I am hooked on cruising for sure and I am going to start planning my next one soon!

 

Here are some observations about the week.

 

We got our passports before the trip and pre-registered through the app.  That was a huge timesaver getting on and off the ship.  We got to the dock by 10:30 and we were on the ship by 11.  When we left, we left the ship by 8:45, got our luggage and were outside by 9:00am.  *We had two bags and I tipped the porter $5. 

 

I was so obsessed with the actual cruise days; I didn’t plan our departure day at all.  We had late flights so we got to know the Miami airport really well!!  Our flight didn’t leave unit 8:30pm.  Live and learn!

 

We did bring magnets, a power strip and I got luggage tags thanks to this blog.  It was great advice, we used them all.

 

We ate all our meals in the Windjammer and the main dining room.   All meals were just fine.  The food is actually really good.  We also bought the deluxe drink package, and it paid for itself! :) 

 

We got to know our assistant waiter, Komang, very well, by the end of the first night; he knew our names and what we drink.  The waiter was very nice also, but we connected more with Komang.  *We tipped them both $5 a night.

 

We did NOT see either of the two shows on the ship because the other things we wanted to do were at the same time.  We did a lot of game shows and other fun stuff.  Anything Silvia from Slovakia ran, we loved! Also, Piano Entertainment with David was THE BEST! He is so talented, and we happened to have a great crowd.  He played for 5 hours straight one night! Loved him!

 

We did have a BIG storm while we were on Coco Cay.  Trying to get on the ship with 1,000 other people in a downpour with lightening around us was an experience.  But, you can’t control the weather, right? 

 

Hooked on cruising for sure!!

 

Washy Washy!!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! I'm booked for Navigator in September.. can't wait! The last RC cruise I've been on was Enchantment 3 day Bahamas. The one gripe I had was the lack of restoration and it gave that old ship feel. I'm so happy that RC put some renovated ships on the Bahamas itinerary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xceed said:

Awesome! I'm booked for Navigator in September.. can't wait! The last RC cruise I've been on was Enchantment 3 day Bahamas. The one gripe I had was the lack of restoration and it gave that old ship feel. I'm so happy that RC put some renovated ships on the Bahamas itinerary. 

This was our first time, so I have nothing to compare, but this ship was amazing!  We loved it!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ralph said:

This was our first time, so I have nothing to compare, but this ship was amazing!  We loved it!  

So glad you had a great trip.  I took my first cruise in March 2015.... Getting ready in 3 weeks to take my 7th!  The hook is real lol!   Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cruise Newbie said:

Thanks for the Summary this is me and my wife first cruise on the Navigator in September. After your summary I am ultra excited for the trip. 

Have a great time!!  Let us know how it was.  Keep reading this blog. @Matt does an amazing job here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on this sailing as well.  (Part of the group of 189 with dancers from Michigan that performed on Thursday in the theatre.). We also had a blast and LOVED the amped Navigator and the renovated Coco Cay.   It was a fabulous cruise!

I just wanted to come and add because you mentioned the storm while at Coco Cay that it isn’t necessary to leave.   As is typically the case in Florida and the Bahamas, the storm lasted a total of 10 minutes.   We started walking back toward the ships (Majesty was there also as a reroute because of the sudden Cuba cancellations) and seeing the throng of passengers headed back, we decided to turn around and wait it out in the bar.  We sat at a table, played checkers, listened/participated in the live acoustic karaoke, and it cleared up and was great.  We were able to hang out for another hour at Oasis Lagoon before heading back to the ship before all-aboard time and dinner.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bbjunkie said:

We were on this sailing as well.  (Part of the group of 189 with dancers from Michigan that performed on Thursday in the theatre.). We also had a blast and LOVED the amped Navigator and the renovated Coco Cay.   It was a fabulous cruise!

I just wanted to come and add because you mentioned the storm while at Coco Cay that it isn’t necessary to leave.   As is typically the case in Florida and the Bahamas, the storm lasted a total of 10 minutes.   We started walking back toward the ships (Majesty was there also as a reroute because of the sudden Cuba cancellations) and seeing the throng of passengers headed back, we decided to turn around and wait it out in the bar.  We sat at a table, played checkers, listened/participated in the live acoustic karaoke, and it cleared up and was great.  We were able to hang out for another hour at Oasis Lagoon before heading back to the ship before all-aboard time and dinner.  

That is great advice!  You live and learn, next time we will just hang out under cover.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...