Catching a flight after ship disembarks

I apologize, because I am sure this question has been asked before.  However, I am new to this forum.  We will be sailing Mariner of the Seas, and returning on Friday (December 13th).  We purchased The Key.  It is my understanding that this will enable us to disembark earlier than other individuals on the ship.  However, I am trying to figure out how likely it is that we can get off the ship and get to the Orlando airport before our flight at 10 a.m.?  Royal Caribbean told me the ship disembarks at 6 a.m.  What are your thoughts?  Thank you.

52 minutes ago, Tweetybird said:

I apologize, because I am sure this question has been asked before.  However, I am new to this forum.  We will be sailing Mariner of the Seas, and returning on Friday (December 13th).  We purchased The Key.  It is my understanding that this will enable us to disembark earlier than other individuals on the ship.  However, I am trying to figure out how likely it is that we can get off the ship and get to the Orlando airport before our flight at 10 a.m.?  Royal Caribbean told me the ship disembarks at 6 a.m.  What are your thoughts?  Thank you.

You should take into consideration:

At least 1.5 before flight to arrive to the airport (2 if you want to be on the safe side) 45 minutes to an hour to drive , 30 minutes for immigration and take your suitcases (unless you will take them with you) and 30 minutes until ship clereance. So 6:30 am people allow of the ship , 7 am after custom , 8 am at the airport. It's doable but allot of stress and not much margin.... Enough that the ship will be late in 30 minutes or that you will have some traffic and you will miss your flight.

1 hour ago, Tweetybird said:

Welcome!  I agree with traveler that it’s a very very tight margin.  If the airport were closer it might be possible but that distance to Orlando really allows for a lot of room for something to happen.  I wouldn’t try to fly out that early.  You will be first off if you carry off your own luggage (regardless of the key).  Jane

I think that's too tight of a window for Orlando.  IF the ship is on schedule, you'd still need some stars to align for being some of the first off the ship, properly staffed customs area, no traffic and no backup at the security area at the airport.   If the ship is late or a customs delay, your time margin is lost.   There's too much potential for stress imo.  

8 hours ago, Tweetybird said:

Concur with previous posts.  When we carried off our luggage last month, we got through customs and immigration about 7:05 AM.  We were at the end of the 6:30 AM line, but with two exits off the Harmony, the line moved quickly.  If you don't change your flights, get in the carry-off line early.  You won't have time for breakfast unless a family member brings you something to eat while you are in line...I am not sure how many exits the Mariner has for the carry-off line; if just one, it will be slower.

@Tweetybird Nooooo, Please revise that flight. I was stressed just reading the post. I live in Florida, we are famous for rolling roadblocks. On the way to the airport often a two lane highway travelling in and two lanes travelling out I have personally encountered (to many times to count) drivers who sit next to each other, one in the travel lane and one in the passing lane, doing the same speed it's like a game to them "I'm in control of the road" you cant get around them. The stress of this travel day will negate your incredible vacation relaxation, please don't attempt this. The window is so slim and driving today is such an emotional task (add everyone who is doing everything BUT driving) personally I would not feel safe. Take care of yourself and fly out just a little later. (and don't forget then the airport has to be navigated and if it is crowded, yikes!) Wishing you well and safe, happy travels.