Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Correct me if I am wrong but when getting on and off the ship at ports you need a photo ID as well as your sea pass. Does that go for young children as well? My daughters only ID with a photo is her passport ( and she was 6 months old so doesnt even look close to the same). I dont like taking passports on or off the ship because so many things can happen! Want them to stay in the safe! But we have drivers licenses that we can use and she only has the passport. Will that be a problem? Thx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marlena said:

Correct me if I am wrong but when getting on and off the ship at ports you need a photo ID as well as your sea pass. Does that go for young children as well? My daughters only ID with a photo is her passport ( and she was 6 months old so doesnt even look close to the same).

Since your daughter got her first passport when she was 6 months old and does not look close to the same, then what I would do is either renew her passport and take a new photo for the passport. 

6 hours ago, Marlena said:

 I dont like taking passports on or off the ship because so many things can happen! Want them to stay in the safe! But we have drivers licenses that we can use and she only has the passport.

Instead of taking the passports off the ship make copies of the page with pictures of each person on the reservation/booking and take the copies off the ship with you and leave the originals in the safe in your stateroom.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I concur, and when off the ship there is the usual common sense, like not putting all documents in one place.  When I wear my SeaPass in a lanyard, I keep my license separately.  I don't pool documents with my wife.  If one of us loses something, the other can get back on the ship for extra documents from the safe, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where a port requires photo ID, adults will need a government issued ID (i.e. drivers license). Minors under 18 do not need a photo ID and are not allowed off the ship unless accompanied by an adult.  A photocopy of your passport will not serve as ID to get back into the port, but may help you get a replacement passport if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take my passports off the ship as that is when I could potentially need them.  Minors do not need photo id in any port.  However, I disagree about getting a new passport if your DD's isn't expired.  Minor passports are only good for 5 years and the children never look like their passport photo.  Customs agents are used to it and it isn't a big deal if they don't look like their photo. We used my DD 1 yo passport until she was 6. It is such a pain to get a new passport as it is plus expensive and really not needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, melski94 said:

I take my passports off the ship as that is when I could potentially need them.  Minors do not need photo id in any port.  However, I disagree about getting a new passport if your DD's isn't expired.  Minor passports are only good for 5 years and the children never look like their passport photo.  Customs agents are used to it and it isn't a big deal if they don't look like their photo. We used my DD 1 yo passport until she was 6. It is such a pain to get a new passport as it is plus expensive and really not needed.

Oh I agree! We have travelled a lot with her and the young passport photo has never been an issue. I'm not renewing it till it's due! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...