Changing a Reservation?

Is there a limit to the number of times you change a reservation if a better deal becomes available?  How often do you change? Does it have to be a significant difference? Is there any kind of penalty for changing because of a cheaper rate/onboard credit etc.? Thanks in advance!

As long as you are repricing your existing cruise / itinerary, then there should not be a charge for the change - however, if you swap ships or itineraries, then you may get hit with a penalty.  The thing with repricing is to make sure you are frequently checking the site to see if there are any pricing changes, and then hit up your TA to have the change made - or call RC if you booked directly through them.  The repricing is up to you to watch for ?     

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 7:12 PM, Fairlynew said:

I have had my travel agent (bless her heart) rebook my reservation 4 times.  Each time for a lower price.  We don't sail until March 2000, so prices are fluctuating widely.  I check them myself and email her if it's lower, though i know that she also checks them.  

On 5/2/2019 at 11:27 AM, Matt said:

Count me among the many that ask their TA to reprice if price drops even by a few dollars.

Thanks to all of you who have taught this newbie. I've been watching the price of my cruise and it went down by 10%, so I called my booking agency and they got me a new price, $371 lower! I don't remember exactly how much the fare was when I booked, but I know what it is now, and I'll keep watching. What a great savings!