Royal Caribbean Blog

It's not known when those pictures were taken.  The seats have been removed so it seems likely they need to remove the decking and work on the supporting structure underneath that is most likely damaged in places.  As you could imagine a crane is pretty heavy.  I'm surprised a falling crane didn't do more damage.  

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spooky strange.... Please let me know when you have a dream about a middle-aged woman in Virginia winning the lottery.   😉😊

Just reserved on Harmony in August.  Ended up costing about $800 more than first cruise but still grateful got something to my liking.  Just didn't want to book in summer when kids are out.  The less

Posted Images

OMG that looks awful.  I would imagine that the damage is a combination of initial damage and demo work to repair.  I don't want to jinx anything but I sure don't see how they are going to have this feature restored by early May.  I guess just having the ship operational will be enough.  Hoping that everything comes together quickly and effectively.

I think they will get it fixed before October.  I imagine they are planning alternate shows now in Miami at their entertainment studios for the interim.  

Some of the damage to the moving underwater platforms will likely require custom ordered parts they can't source this month.   It's a complex mechanical system with many interlocks to ensure no one is hurt as platforms move during a show with scuba divers underwater to move cast and set pieces underwater out of sight.  It's pretty elaborate and they simply don't have enough time to fix the visible damage and fully test the system before May 5.  

they are working around the clock as it makes it’s way to dry dock.  They may make it look presentable by May 5 but I dought the Aqua show will be up and running. As others mentioned it is a highly technical under/over water show. However. The performers are suppose to board the ship Mid to late April. So there may be some type of scaled down show at the aqua theatre if it is not fully functional. 

29 minutes ago, LeeMannn said:

they are working around the clock as it makes it’s way to dry dock.  They may make it look presentable by May 5 but I dought the Aqua show will be up and running. As others mentioned it is a highly technical under/over water show. However. The performers are suppose to board the ship Mid to late sept. So there may be some type of scaled down show at the aqua theatre if it is not fully functional. 

Don’t see why the performers would join that late it goes into the scheduled dry dock from the 22nd September ?

they are working around the clock as it makes it’s way to dry dock.  They may make it look presentable by May 5 but I dought the Aqua show will be up and running. As others mentioned it is a highly technical under/over water show. However. The performers are suppose to board the ship Mid to late sept. So there may be some type of scaled down show at the aqua theatre if it is not fully functional. 

41 minutes ago, LeeMannn said:

The new cast just boarded a few weeks ago. They are only doing a 6 month contract until drydock. They are currently being taken care of at the studios in miami. And being well taken care of by Royal. 

Must be difficult to stay in show shape despite how good the Miami facilities are.  Nothing like being in the actual aqua pool.  

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Better to be early rather than late.

Like you said when she was running 18 knots, make up the difference while you can just in case, then you can always slow down.

I don't understand why it's going to take the rest of today and tomorrow, it's only an inch away on the map, lol.