Freedom of the Seas

Hey Cruisers!  I'm going on my first cruise this May.  We are going for 7 days out of Puerto Rico and have bought the Premium Drink package ( don't worry,  we'll drink enough to make it worth the cost).  What suggestions do you have on places to drink and eat?  Things that were fun to do?  Shows,  hang out spots? Activities? 

Much Appreciated! 

I sailed on Freedom too many years ago to have many helpful tips, but we really really enjoyed the specialty dining on her. The small cover charge was well worth the experience to me. I’d investigate the dining packages on your cruiseplanner to see if anything looks appealing to you. 

As far as getting to know the ship and the hang out spots, I love reading live blogs for that. Here’s a great one to start: 

Live blogs help me really visualize the spaces onboard the ship. 

7 hours ago, CruiseMan84 said:

Hey Cruisers!  I'm going on my first cruise this May.  We are going for 7 days out of Puerto Rico and have bought the Premium Drink package ( don't worry,  we'll drink enough to make it worth the cost).  What suggestions do you have on places to drink and eat?  Things that were fun to do?  Shows,  hang out spots? Activities? 

Much Appreciated! 

Not knowing what your preferences are makes it a little difficult to answer this question...

However, if you check out the Cruise Compass section here, you can find a similar sailing on Freedom which should give you a good idea of what's out there.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

I was just on this ship in November 2018. At the time, the guitar player/singer at the Pub was very entertaining.  All the production shows were terrific as well.   There were a lot more spanish speaking folks on the cruise than I normally see, but this is due to being based out of P.R.   The crowd was great!

I’m leaving next Sunday on Freedom. Our last 3 cruises have been on Oasis, so I sure hope I don’t miss Central Park too much!

Definitely get the 3 night dining package to experience the specialty restaurants. There are only 3 on this ship. You can always go back to one a second time if you wish. We have always loved Vintages on Oasis and Freedom has it too. It’s a Tapas/wine bar. 

This will be my third time to the southern Caribbean. I’ve waited almost 25 years to get back. First two times were on Monarch of the Seas which back then was the largest cruise ship. Times sure have changed. 

‘Oh and here’s a tip on the deluxe beverage package.......you generally break even with 4 drinks and 2 bottles of water, so keep that in mind. ?