3 adults in a room?

SpeedNoodles

I'm planning a trip with 2 friends, and I've never traveled with anyone except my husband.  I know that interior rooms are pretty small with 2 people in them, add another adult and it seems like it would be pretty insurmountable (160 sq feet on Navigator) So I'm looking at other options but one of the women is on a petty tight budget - what I'm curious about is this.  a Spacious Ocean View is listed at 211 sq feet, so a bit bigger.  But it depends on the layout.  We'll have to pull out a couch for the 3rd, and what I'm wondering if the layout is such that it makes much of a difference - with the couch pulled out does anyone know if there's more room getting around it in a Spacious Ocean View than an Interior?  Or what do you think the best option would be? Are aft-facing balconies any bigger than regular balconies? 

I guess it depends on the room configuration.  We sailed on the Explorer with three adults in a cabin, one person was using an electric scooter as well, and didn't feel all that cramped.  Two twin beds on the floor and one loft pulled down from the ceiling each night.  We worked around the scooter as much as possible and didn't spend all that much time in the room anyway so it worked out for us.

23 minutes ago, Jhibb68 said:

I guess it depends on the room configuration.  We sailed on the Explorer with three adults in a cabin, one person was using an electric scooter as well, and didn't feel all that cramped.  Two twin beds on the floor and one loft pulled down from the ceiling each night.  We worked around the scooter as much as possible and didn't spend all that much time in the room anyway so it worked out for us.

Oh, I thought it was a pull out couch that nobody would be able to walk around. Hmmmm.  We'd have to stick the young one up there, lol.

If the layout of the room has the couch perpendicular to one of the beds, that's usually the direction the couch will face when it is made up.  It's less of a pull-out and more like they pull the seat portion of the couch away from the wall, remove the back cushions and the seat part becomes the bed with sheets on it.  Both a couch and a pull down will get put up every day by the room steward so it will give you more room to walk around during the day.  

On 2/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, AshleyDillo said:

It's less of a pull-out and more like they pull the seat portion of the couch away from the wall, remove the back cushions and the seat part becomes the bed with sheets on it.  Both a couch and a pull down will get put up every day by the room steward so it will give you more room to walk around during the day.  

So this would be true of the couches in 3V and 4V interiors on Liberty as well? That would make a world of difference!

On 2/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, AshleyDillo said:

If the layout of the room has the couch perpendicular to one of the beds, that's usually the direction the couch will face when it is made up.  It's less of a pull-out and more like they pull the seat portion of the couch away from the wall, remove the back cushions and the seat part becomes the bed with sheets on it.  Both a couch and a pull down will get put up every day by the room steward so it will give you more room to walk around during the day.  

+1 on this configuration.