CocoCay

SMM799

Hi All.....

I am sailing on Mariner in July and was just looking for a bit of information about CoCoCay.   Does anyone know if the beach bungalows and cabanas are wheelchair accessible?  Also, can anyone recommend a good location there to rent one of these?

Another question about Mariner..... is there a show in the theater on board that I can make reservations for? 

Thanks so much!

CocoCay is Royal's private island so there are no businesses to recommend renting from, you just talk to guest services. I think the bungalows/cabanas are currently under construction but I would expect there to be at least some that are accessible since they are "new".

I don't know about the shows on Mariner but I don't think it has a pre=booking option for the show.

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube for Coco Cay.

They have wheel chairs with big wheels that roll in the sand. I assume you can use them to get to the bungalows and cabanas.

Cabanas and bungalows are there and you can reserve them in the cruise planner. I have a cabana reserved for 3/10/19 :3_grin:

Hi SMM799,  my cruise to Cococay is inJune with a Chill Island Cabana  I called & discussed the wheelchair assessable question & was told by RC customer service& I believe also Customer Resolutions that, Cococay has specific “wheelchairs that roll in the sand” & they do NOT supply a helper to push the wheelchair. I cannot tell yet if there is a ramp up to the cabana.Also wanted to mention, that there is an issue with the exact # of people/adults/children are allowed to be in the cabana. Just in case you are having friends chip in? The details/notes state “eight of your favorite friends” , however when you pay for it, the website asks for six. Customer Resolutions told me six adults & two children?

Hi RTripp.....

Thanks so much for your reply.  I did notice the number of people on the checkout page.  We actually have 9 of us, but 4 of them are little kids.  So, I was hoping to be able to squeeze one more in.  I wonder how strict they are with numbers in a cabana?  Like I said we have nine, but 4 are little kids.

I was on Mariner in November and you cannot get reservations for the shows. Just show up. When I was on-board there was no problem of the shows "selling out", there were plenty of seats. Just get there 15-20 minutes beforehand. The ice show was very good, the Gallery of Dreams, not so much. 

The escape room is great.

Steven

17 hours ago, SMM799 said:

Hi RTripp.....

Thanks so much for your reply.  I did notice the number of people on the checkout page.  We actually have 9 of us, but 4 of them are little kids.  So, I was hoping to be able to squeeze one more in.  I wonder how strict they are with numbers in a cabana?  Like I said we have nine, but 4 are little kids.

This question, the answers here can be either yes or no. I suggest you email Royal Caribbean directly or message them on Facebook on this question. Royal should be the one answer you better on this. RCI Facebook normally answers the question really quick. If RCI said yes then you can print out the message of their reply so in case of the problem while you are on the Island.