Happy Valentine's Day! Hope your day is filled with chocolate, flowers and a Royal Caribbean cruise! We are spreading the Royal Caribbean love with our look at all the Royal Caribbean news from this week.
Unfortunately, the big news this week was word of Anthem of the Seas running into a large winter storm in the Atlantic that saw wind speeds over 150 miles per hour and waves over 30 feet in height.
Following the storm, Royal Caribbean made the decision to return Anthem of the Seas to her homeport early and offer its guests full refunds.
The ship sustained mostly superficial damage, but an onslaught of media attention painted the story very negatively.
Royal Caribbean apologized for the incident and added it has created a new weather team at its headquarters to provide additional assistance to ships in determining the severity of storms.
There is a lot more Royal Caribbean news to share...
- Liberty of the Seas returned to service after a month-long drydock.
- Some of the water slides opened on Liberty of the Seas this week.
- A new Royal Caribbean sale begins this week, with 30% off all fares.
- Here is a look at one of the big artwork pieces coming to Harmony of the Seas.
- Our list of the top decadent Royal Caribbean snacks.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
In this episode, Matt talks about what the Royal Promenade is, what it offers guests and why he thinks it is such a great spot onboard for so many activities.
Royal Caribbean Blog Reader Finds
Ron shared a photo of treats from Cafe Promenade.
Travis Kamiyama posted this amazing sushi platter.
Kayla Gillman shared this photo of the Royal Promenade on Independence of the Seas.