Good finds on cruises? Great search options?

AlohaLivin

Is there a place wheee people post good “finds” on cruises? I spend so much time searching, is there a place we can share info?  Also, I have yet to find an ideal searching venue, where I can search for suites (ideally everything except Jr. Suites) from X to X date (vs. per single month). Any thoughts, ideas?

@Matt  sure, deals or finds, either ? I like to do some initial leg work, look around for ships, itineraries, etc. before actually looking at booking in whatever manner. But I cannot find sites that have great search options for what I tend to search and how. I thought maybe there was one I hadn’t seen yet! But not so much about buying there as searching there...

FYI - we loved the OS 1BR on the Allure (friends were in a crown loft and I was surprised and disappointed at how small that actually felt - we had those on our list, but they definitely aren’t as high now). So on RCL it would be maybe GS, but prefer Os (1-2), GS 2 br, maybe crown loft, the large 1 br theater suite or 2 br if my sister is with us). I wish there were some place to search that allowed me to search those cabins as the price of an inside cabin etc May or may not be correlated with the true suite prices. Same when we sale NCL (although their site does allow you to look st “suites” as a separate category to a degree).

@L454S  thanks very much! I will check it out ?? EDIT - went and checked- that’s fantastic! If not perfect then nearly! It at least let’s me search variables that make my searches more useful! Great find!

Lynn

yes...use some cruise travel sites.....I only booked with Royal my first few cruises and wondered how other people got such low prices and more OBC.....its cause they didn't book directly with Royal. Royals site is not very user friendly or quick either I find.

Lesson learned..never booked with them since......I use VTG......can search by cabin type as well as some other options..and always the best price I can find out there

@monctonguy  yep, true. You can quickly look at the suite price start, but they mean Jr suite... plus, their site has too many snags and errors ..past frustrating, I never have booked directly through RCL, but we have been with NCL a while and this recent one was our first. I would rather be with the kind of travel agent my parents used for decades, but the larger sites offer some extremely tempting benefits that are hard to pass up (covering gratituties, onboard spending, etc). A conundrum ?

@craig403  indeed, I like that one in terms of search, easy to see the discounts too.  I have been frustrated by the fact their suites category includes jr suite and also they require you to call for info - that alone makes me insane. I don’t want to call them to get basic price info since at that point I am looking around (and I work for a living like most people and don’t have the time to call them for my fishing expeditions!) and I would think they would get tired of me calling.But they do allow for far more options than most for sure. But I think I have fallen in love with CruisePlum- when I took a look last night I wanted to find the people who started it and kiss each and every one! ❤️ I know, strange ?? It lets you search, purely, and offers that data we nerdy types like (even those of us in the nerd “closet”).  I don’t know how I didn’t find it, but presumably with the large sites fighting for cruise bucks this search site was so far back in search results it was invisible ?

Lynn