PortEverglads Web cam

I am looking at the Port Everglades Webcam Getting ready for todays Ship Parade, and I was wondering does anyone have any information on the white bench in the attached pic , is this public property?  IF so how Do I get to it ? I always see the bnenches in departure, and I can never remember anyone sitting in them, etc   I am going to be in Florida, and I was wondering If I could view ships leaving from this vantage point? I definitely don't want to trespass, but just thought I would ask, I figured someone here would know.  Thanks !

Port Everglades webcam Question.PNG

5 hours ago, lovecruising!!! said:

I am looking at the Port Everglades Webcam Getting ready for todays Ship Parade, and I was wondering does anyone have any information on the white bench in the attached pic , is this public property?  IF so how Do I get to it ? I always see the bnenches in departure, and I can never remember anyone sitting in them, etc   I am going to be in Florida, and I was wondering If I could view ships leaving from this vantage point? I definitely don't want to trespass, but just thought I would ask, I figured someone here would know.  Thanks !

Port Everglades webcam Question.PNG

This is private property. I actually live next door to this. This is located in Fort Lauderdale’s Harbor Inlet neighborhood. You can get some of the best views of the ships on the rocks to East at the Inlet point. 

1 minute ago, lovecruising!!! said:

That is at Point of Americas, Correct? I have plans to go there before my sailing , and watch ships depart. I just don't know about standing on rocks to do it   ?

Yes the rock jetty extends out East from the point of America’s property. The rocks are actually not too difficult to get up on at all. They do offer the best view of the ships leaving port (as evidence by the 50+ people who gather on the weekends every weekend to watch). 

* if you don’t have mobility issues and you are even moderately athletic I would suggest you take an Uber (or cab) to Lago Mar. Walk through to the back of Lago Mar and get on the beach. Head South to the rock jetty around 4:00pm and enjoy the show. Don’t try to drive to Lago Mar & park as you will get towed, this is a private resort area and a private neighborhood so the tow trucks are always looking to make $. If you are looking for a good walk and staying on 17th street just walk over the causeway and when you see fork on the road at the Church (turn right) and follow it back to Lago Mar. Enjoy!

11 minutes ago, lovecruising!!! said:

I actually had plans to get an Uber to Lago mar area. I will be staying at the Hilton. I usually don't drive on vacation ? Thanks for the tip though ! ?

Ok, lots of people rent cars and try to park. Here is the way to go, you can thank me later. PS: don’t walk through the lobby. 

B6835B56-C722-491C-A063-5D568A5BB8D1.jpeg

On 10/29/2018 at 9:20 AM, Matt said:

As much as I love taking credit for others' work, Michael Poole wrote that - I just added some pictures and a map pin ?