Voom internet - VPN access

Travelfar

I checked with customer service to see if an Enterprise VPN would work on the ship during a cruise, using the voom internet service. They were not 100% sure and did not want to set an expectation, and they could only say yes or no once I got onboard and bought the internet package.

For those who have used voom internet on board, do you have any experience connecting to a VPN? It would be for the Pulse Secure VPN. I have the specific port numbers.

I've got a number of VPNs configured that I'll test on Symphony in a few weeks.  If you need something [nearly] bulletproof you can use a service that supports obfsproxy and then have the virtual adapter that client creates connect to the VPN you actually want to connect to.

Cisco AnyConnect for sure, plus IPSEC based VPN works for me.  A VPN provider I used has both IPSEC and SSL.  Their IPSEC VPN works, their SSL does not.  

Even within the SSL umbrella, not all are equal.  I've had bad luck with OpenVPN SSL but Cisco AnyConnect can be configured to use SSL and it works, in my experience.