Does anyone else wish there was a new ship coming out next year?

Joe01

Yes - I know what you are thinking, Spectrum is coming out next year. But she is off to China and will be specifically built for the Chinese market, not the Western clientele that mostly makes up RC Blog, so we don't have anything new from a Western perspective.

I certainly wish there was a completely new class (Quantum Class is the most recent and will be 5 years old next year) or another Oasis Class coming next year since I've already done all 4 and want another ship to try.

Anyone else agree?

6 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Yes - I know what you are thinking, Spectrum is coming out next year. But she is off to China and will be specifically built for the Chinese market, not the Western clientele that mostly makes up RC Blog, so we don't have anything new from a Western perspective.

I certainly wish there was a completely new class (Quantum Class is the most recent and will be 5 years old next year) or another Oasis Class coming next year since I've already done all 4 and want another ship to try.

Anyone else agree?

I wish they would build more Radiance Class Ships for the purpose of longer sailing itinerary's, that would include trips like panama canal and other Southern Caribbean trips that only do limited sailings to Columbia. 

14 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I wish they would build more Radiance Class Ships for the purpose of longer sailing itinerary's, that would include trips like panama canal and other Southern Caribbean trips that only do limited sailings to Columbia. 

I won't lie that more Radiance Class ships would be a good idea, especially given their popularity and itinerary capabilities. Perhaps a 2nd generation Radiance Class with a few bells and whistles added? For example, a much better outdoor pool space.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

If you want the silver lining, it provides a break from otherwise having a new ship every year.  Gives us all time to not only enjoy a new ship like Harmony or Symphony, but also work in other cruises.

I suppose so, but since I've been on Harmony and Symphony now, I have nothing else to try, especially since I have done all of the 4 Oasis Class and all of the major classes in the RCCL fleet. It doesn't work for me since I only cruise once a year so don't have time to work in other cruises. Sad that a 2019 Oasis Class doesn't seem to be in the cards.