Wonderland ok for kids?

Oliver

Hey all. I’m going to be on Ovation of the Seas in July and looking at the specialty dining options. I have never been on the Quantum or Oasis class ships so I have never done Wonderland. The menu looks very modern so I’m wondering if anyone has taken their kids? Do the have a kids menu? I will have a 14 year old and 13 year old with me so probably a little old for kids menu but they aren’t very adventurous with food. I can always eat there with my wife one night and let them go to winjammer  by themselves. They are old enough. Just wondering others opinions.

Thanks

I agree with @melski94. If your kids aren't adventurous eaters, or for that matter if they're not big fans of seafood (the menu tends a little stronger to that side for the appetizers, from what I've seen), let them have dinner on their own.

There are a few videos on YouTube that show off pretty much the whole menu as its served. I think this was the one I showed my wife that convinced her to give them a try on our upcoming Anthem cruise in October:

Well, I will jump in here to counter Matt's boundless enthusiasm for Wonderland ??

We went to Wonderland on Harmony with a party of 6.  By the time the dinner was over, there were only 2 left and they were only there to settle the bill (luckily there was no real "bill" for us since we were Star Class.  If I had paid extra money for that meal I would have been very unhappy).  I thought the food at Wonderland was horrible and obviously so did everyone else in our party.  The menu was just too weird and wasn't attractive in the least.  I will say, the service was wonderful.  But no matter how hard that poor little girl tried to make that meal interesting, it just wasn't happening.

Unless your children are VERY adventurous eaters I would probably not include them.  Perhaps you could try it yourself (just the adults) and then decide if it was something you thought the kids would enjoy and take them along another time.

Wonderland seems to be one of those restaurants that people either love or hate.  We happen to be in the latter group but many people rave about it.  I would just hate to see you spend a lot of money on the kids' meals just to have them stare at it and then have to go to the WJ afterwards.