Repositioning cruise

Everything I've read suggests that they're like any other cruise in terms of onboard activities, serviced, etc. The primary difference is that you often get an excellent fare and sometimes they even have guest speakers and other enrichment activities to fill the days. Of course, you need to like sea days.

These are about as regular as any cruise out there. Depending on the cruise length, there may not be opportunities to see and do everything but it will be treated just like any other cruise. Re-positioning cruises can be a lot of fun and a good value!

• 3 weeks later...

Cruise fares for transatlantic are a good bargain if you book just after the dates come out.  We were monitoring a  Brilliance Tampa to Harvich, England cruise, and it went up in price one week after by $100 per person.  The rates did nothing but raise in rates after.  Glad we booked it early!..... There was nothing extra during the 13 nights sailings except for some extra dining menu's and many Crown & Anchor members.  Overflow happy hour lounges were provided for members. 

Some cruisers do nothing but transatlantic sailings each year.

As Matt has mentioned, the re-positioning cruises are a lot of fun and are a good value!.... .  

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked our First RC cruise and it is a repositioning cruise from Singapore to Perth.  14 nights, but lots of stops.  We enjoy the longer cruises and don't mind that there are more older than younger on them (this was our experience last time, but on a different company).  I think we got a great deal on it at $1200 each + tips as we had to go with my time dining, which is fine by us.  All taken care of then :)

• 7 months later...

Repositioning cruises are great, the price is good and gives you lots of extra time on the ship. I have always found it strange that so many people pay lots of money to be on the ship and then spend as much time as they can off the ship. I really believe ports should not control your cruise, the cruise itself should be the reward.

Really like the extra sea days. These are the days to see the ships and everything they have to offer. Let's me honest on these large ships it really takes longer than a normal cruise to fully enjoy the ship. With limited ports you get lots of time to explore.

Repositioning cruises are great, the price is good and gives you lots of extra time on the ship. I have always found it strange that so many people pay lots of money to be on the ship and then spend as much time as they can off the ship. I really believe ports should not control your cruise, the cruise itself should be the reward.

Really like the extra sea days. These are the days to see the ships and everything they have to offer. Let's me honest on these large ships it really takes longer than a normal cruise to fully enjoy the ship. With limited ports you get lots of time to explore.

I'm the opposite - the less sea days, the better for me.  For me the destinations are the islands, and the cruise ship is just a really nice place to stay when traveling between them.  I'd much rather visit another port than have a day at sea for me to spend sitting in a club that looks/feels similar to all the others on the ship. 

My 'least favorite' cruise was on Oasis, because it only had 3 port stops.  One of my favorites was a ten day on Adventure that hit 7 or 8 islands (it was a 10 day because they had to fill up a few days before bringing the ship in for refurbishment, so it was a special cruise much like a repositioning, to get this back on topic).

I'm the opposite - the less sea days, the better for me. For me the destinations are the islands, and the cruise ship is just a really nice place to stay when traveling between them. I'd much rather visit another port than have a day at sea for me to spend sitting in a club that looks/feels similar to all the others on the ship.

My 'least favorite' cruise was on Oasis, because it only had 3 port stops. One of my favorites was a ten day on Adventure that hit 7 or 8 islands (it was a 10 day because they had to fill up a few days before bringing the ship in for refurbishment, so it was a special cruise much like a repositioning, to get this back on topic).

My wife is in your camp; I'm somewhere in betwee. I like a sea day every couple of port days to break up the port experiences. My wife is the complete opposite; the fewer the sea days the better.

She picked our next cruise which is 13 nights with a single port day. I think I'm going to be exhausted, but she's excited.

I'm on Todd's side. I wouldn't care if the ship didn't ever go into port...at least, in the Caribbean. Not so much for other-world cruises. I guess I'm just jaded. At this point, one Caribban island looks, smells and tastes pretty much like the next.

I love cruisin though...anywhere !

I feel the same way about Asia after spending 15 years, living, working (a little) , vacationing (most of the time) in Asia the ports are not my reason for taking a cruise. If I wanted the ports I would fly to the port for the weekend and stay at a resort.  I take cruises for the wide range of things offered within on and around the ship.