Which ship?

So spending all day off LOOKING AT CRUISE PODCASTS!  Yikes lol!  So! I'm looking at the end of march 2020 to try our first oasis class.  The itineraries are not really relevant, except maybe cococay vs labadee (ans my shown isn't really a beach/waterpark person).  We would prob need to do inside cabin to make it work...though we will look at the other types if they aren't way different.  Oasis is 749 out of miami (labadee and falmouth which we haven't done),  allure is 802 (st thomas and cococay), harmony 902 (coco cay and san juan prob our fave) and symphony 1006 (again cococay and san juan).  These differences would be multiplied by 3 people traveling.  Ports are miami (symphony and oasis), orlando (harmony), ft lauderdale (allure)...prob it all evens out with airfare cheaper into orlando but then transfer). I am really wanting to try wonderland and the bionic bar so i lean to harmony but is it a 450 dollar better ship than oasis?  Is allure worth 150 mor than oasis?  Is cococay gonna be load better than labadee?  Are the shows, crowd control etc way better on one over the other?   I think i can rule out symphony unless its way better...i haven't been on any oasis so i don't care about ther newest ship.  

I know this is all subjective but tell me your opinions!  Jane

As an alternative, could I entice you with a 7-night sailing on Anthem at the end of March that goes to Port Canaveral, Coco Cay, and Nassau? You'd still get to experience Wonderland and the Bionic Bar, and an inside cabin is only $630 for the Mar 22 sailing.

Sincerely, the Oasis Class Denier. ?

Honestly, it doesn't sound like you can go wrong with any of those. 

Since itinerary isn't a huge factor for you - the differences between Allure and Oasis are minor enough for the $150 difference to be kind of irrelevant as long as travel costs don't drive up that difference. 

Harmony and Symphony will have the 'newest' bells and whistles, but as you noted you will pay more for them. I guess it just comes down to what kind of experience you'd want to have. 

Honestly out of all of those (ignoring the fact that I have a soft spot for Allure because we spent two weeks on her for our honeymoon), I'd probably go with Oasis and use the extra savings to splurge on something like a Cabana for the family in Labadee and/or a big excursion in Falmouth. There is a ton to do on the Oasis class no matter what you pick, so no matter what features you have on the ship you end up with your family will have a great time. 

However, if the ship features really are the biggest factor for you and it's a true "the ship is the destination and we don't care to do much at ports", consider Harmony or Symphony. They're the newest in the fleet so they'll have all the fun extras shown and talked about in commercials. 

I hope any of this was helpful! 

51 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

As an alternative, could I entice you with a 7-night sailing on Anthem at the end of March that goes to Port Canaveral, Coco Cay, and Nassau? You'd still get to experience Wonderland and the Bionic Bar, and an inside cabin is only $630 for the Mar 22 sailing.

You know I can't resist right....

OA class for a 17 year old that Anthem doesn't have:  Zipline, 2 Rock climbing walls (Anthem only has one), Aqua Theater (270 not quite the replacement) and Boardwalk.

More Oasis features if revitalization rumours are true: Slides, laser tag, new restaurants?

Sincerely, the Oasis Class Fan ?

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You know I can't resist right....

OA class for a 17 year old that Anthem doesn't have:  Zipline, 2 Rock climbing walls (Anthem only has one), Aqua Theater (270 not quite the replacement) and Boardwalk.

More Oasis features if revitalization rumours are true: Slides, laser tag, new restaurants?

Sincerely, the Oasis Class Fan ?

Central Park, Ice Skating Rink, 2 Flowriders, 150 Central Park and Izumi Hibachi restaurants, and so on, and so on, etc...

This is a really tough call and like others say you really can't go wrong. I think it comes down to how bad you want to go Wonderland and the Bionic bar. One other factor is the Great Abyss slide. If you have a 17 year old that can be quite a draw. Another thing to factor in is that Oasis is getting a refurbishment as @Lovetocruise2002 mentioned and it may have even have some features none of the other ships have. With the refurbishments in mind I would say to pick between Oasis and Harmony!

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Need I mention that on Oasis or Harmony, you won't have to bundle up for the cruise.  I just remember @Lovetocruise2002 looking very cold in those pictures!  When I cruise, I just want to be warm!  That alone is worth the extra $100 per person for Oasis!

4 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Lol....no..... Though wow that is a great price.  I think I'm much more suited to the oasis than quantum class!  Jane 

57 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Need I mention that on Oasis or Harmony, you won't have to bundle up for the cruise.  I just remember @Lovetocruise2002 looking very cold in those pictures!  When I cruise, I just want to be warm!  That alone is worth the extra $100 per person for Oasis!

Amen to that! lol