Luggage valet

On disembarkation day, I have an 11:50am flight time at the Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood airport with Southwest Airlines.   I know this is an eligible airlines for valet, but what about my time?  On older messages I have seen both 11:30am and 12:00pm as the earilest they will allow.  Wondering if anyone in 2018 knows the time and the $$? 

13 minutes ago, Jjdslp122 said:

On disembarkation day, I have an 11:50am flight time at the Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood airport with Southwest Airlines.   I know this is an eligible airlines for valet, but what about my time?  On older messages I have seen both 11:30am and 12:00pm as the earilest they will allow.  Wondering if anyone in 2018 knows the time and the $$? 

Usually they say 12pm or later.  I don't know if they will make an exception for 10mins.  The cost is $25 per person and then the additional charge for any checked luggage.  If you are in a GS or above, the $25pp fee is waived.

One of these is from Harmony, the other Serenade.  Harmony was 2017 but Serenade was 2018.  I don't recall which is which is which. 

Both state WN (Southwest) is 11:30am to 6pm.  Other airlines allow later flight times.  Southwest I've heard has a small storage area at FLL so they can't hold bags longer.  Plus Southwest when I have flown them is a stickler for the 4 hour rule not allowing bags to be checked before 4 hours prior to flight time. 

Note you have to do this several days before the end of the cruise.  On Serenade I had to ask for the form.  When I saw another guest carry one into an elevator I realized my cabin attendant didn't deliver one to my cabin. 

They not only checked my bags but also printed my boarding passes.  I'm elite with Delta so I get free checked bags.  This was respected and I was never charged.  This is why it has to be done several days prior - so they can validate any fees and flight times with each airline.  Even though you are on WN they have to verify flight times and the airline has to 'accept' your bags against your flight reservation days prior so it's not just about the fees or lack of.

1087675991_LuggageValet.thumb.jpeg.6755a930cd88fd31f2200dbc4cb65bab.jpeg

2122328712_luggageValet2.thumb.jpeg.463160f2186e59f953afd14672c421db.jpeg

Yes @Jjdslp122 you should be fine with the 11:50 am flight from FLL. On our Allure sailing from Ft. Lauderdale 3 weeks ago the Luggage Valet to FLL was for flights 11:30 am or later (up to 11:59 pm that same day).  Cost is $25/person.  We felt the cost was well worth the convenience.  You put your bags outside of your cabin the night before disembarkation day and the next time you have to handle them is on the airport carousel at your destination.  Very convenient.  We've also done it at Port Canaveral.

• 5 months later...
15 hours ago, LouisvilleDon said:

Does anyone know if embarking at Port of Miami and your flight is out of Ft Lauderdale can you use the luggage valet service?

I was the other way around ported at FLL flying out of MIA and it was not available as @Lovetocruise2002 says, it's a distance and timing issue, not enough time to sort the luggage and then get it driven to the airport.

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I believe you can but there is a requirement for your flight to leaver than if you are flying out of MIA. Can’t remember the limit but I think it might be 2:00 or later.

This is correct.  We disembarked on cruises from both Miami and Port Everglades in the past month and you can do luggage valet from both ports to either airport.  However if flying from the airport that is further away, your flight must be later but I don't recall the exact time.

21 hours ago, LouisvilleDon said:

Does anyone know if embarking at Port of Miami and your flight is out of Ft Lauderdale can you use the luggage valet service?

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I believe you can but there is a requirement for your flight to leaver than if you are flying out of MIA. Can’t remember the limit but I think it might be 2:00 or later.

1 hour ago, Galveston Steve said:

This is correct.  We disembarked on cruises from both Miami and Port Everglades in the past month and you can do luggage valet from both ports to either airport.  However if flying from the airport that is further away, your flight must be later but I don't recall the exact time.

So much conflicting info.  @Christie just posted on another forum (she is on the RCBlog GC right now on Symphony) that there is no luggage valet at all this cruise.

14 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So much conflicting info.  @Christie just posted on another forum (she is on the RCBlog GC right now on Symphony) that there is no luggage valet at all this cruise.

Interesting.  I was quoting my experience on Mariner out of Miami and Harmony out of Port Everglades.  Both within the past month.