Freedom of the Seas-Quick question

Boston Babe

HI all, is FOS always in San Juan year round? Where does she go after April or is she in San Juan. I"m looking for Summer and late Fall 2020 (yes I know planning ahead when rest of deployment comes out) or wishful thinking:1_grinning:. Just trying to avoid a flight to San Juan if I don't have to.  Thank you in advance.

3 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

thanks @DocLC, what about late Fall (mid November), is she back then? I guess I have to wait, it's far off and they could juggle alot of ships again by then.

Yes. There's usually at least one or two shots sailing from roughly October (perhaps even September) to April/May. The Jewel and Adventurer used to do these sailings, but the actual ships get mixed up every so often. 

It's kind of strange, I requested all sailings on Freedom, sail from and sail to didn't matter, basically anywhere, just from January 2019 through April 2020, and there are dates missing.

I remember like @DocLC I thought she went someplace else for awhile, I can't find it though.

My wife was on the C&A Facebook page last night and there was a rumor on it the she was getting a dry dock, but no confirmation.

7 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I'm on her in October of this year out of San Juan, which I know doesn't really answer you question, but I just checked by doing a fake booking and it appears January of 2019 through at least April of 2020 she is home ported out of San Juan.

So it stands to reason, maybe she'll be in San Juan in November if you're on her this October. Thank you!!

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

My wife was on the C&A Facebook page last night and there was a rumor on it the she was getting a dry dock, but no confirmation.

Well that would be really great if she goes into drydock before I sail on her. I'm on Adventure July 2019 and the reviews coming on since her drydock are great!

6 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

It's kind of strange, I requested all sailings on Freedom, sail from and sail to didn't matter, basically anywhere, just from January 2019 through April 2020, and there are dates missing.

I remember like @DocLC I thought she went someplace else for awhile, I can't find it though.

I'm on her for the group cruise, so my guess is that she'll be going into drydock just after that; that's usually my luck as I ended up on the last sailing of the Liberty before her drydock. ;)

22 hours ago, DocLC said:

I don't believe Royal has any ships sailing from San Juan in the summer. She's usually redeployed to Europe, but I have checked the latest itineraries to see if that's still the case. 

Booked on Freedom out of San Juan in June 2019, so it appears that San Juan is home base for an extended period.

On 2/20/2018 at 4:38 PM, DocLC said:

I'm on her for the group cruise, so my guess is that she'll be going into drydock just after that; that's usually my luck as I ended up on the last sailing of the Liberty before her drydock. ;)

Won't this be your first RCBlog group cruise?  Glad to see you're finally able to make one!

3 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

Won't this be your first RCBlog group cruise?  Glad to see you're finally able to make one!

I've had others booked, but other opportunities always seemed to get in the way. I do have the Anthem GC booked, but we'll likely go to Europe instead. Fortunately, the Freedom is a sure thing and we'll be taking my nieces since we have one of the newer Promenade View Family Cabins. We may even stay on for another cruise if my son's school calendar doesn't change.