Question for Matt re CocoCay Pier

Skid

The original plan I heard was that the pier at CocoCay would be ready in June.    The site I posted before about excursions(http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/shoreExcursions/downloadBrochure/), shows that for some May cruises the ships (i.e. Adventure and Enchantment) will be docked. When I try a mock booking it still shows tendered.      Do you (or anyone else) happen to know if the pier opening has been moved up or if the brochure is wrong? Thanks!

Oh I would LOVE that Adventure may dock there on My May 18 sailing!  Not looking forward to dealing with tender tickets.  We will be doing morning yoga on the beach, but my kids have jet skis rented for 1pm, so I'm afraid they won't be able to get off with us.  They are college aged, so it's not like they need chaperones on board or anything, but it's nice to get off together, get settled in chairs together, then head off to do whatever we want to do.  

A couple of posters on Cruise Critic that just returned from CocoCay said that they are still dredging and that they were told the pier won't be open until at least 3rd quarter of the year. 

Sorry for getting our hopes up. Don't know why the Royal site had incorrect info-gee there's a shocker!?

The June 2018 date for completion of the pier at CocoCay comes from RC directly.  As to whether the dock will actually be completed sooner or later, that's a different story.  But for now, I can only report on what RC has indicated to me.

Hope that makes sense.

On 2/19/2018 at 10:18 AM, Matt said:

The June 2018 date for completion of the pier at CocoCay comes from RC directly.  As to whether the dock will actually be completed sooner or later, that's a different story.  But for now, I can only report on what RC has indicated to me.

Hope that makes sense.

I haven't been back to CocoCay since February 2008 (my first Royal Caribbean cruise LOL), but it's the first port on my Harmony cruise in December 2019. I remember enjoying my time there, it will be fun to return :)