Cabin change?

katjoe

So I've tried getting my assigned cabin changed, since it's a) only got portholes instead of picture window and b) it's all the way in the front, which I've been told can make it very rocky and i'm afraid my husband will get seasick if that's the case. I called RC first and asked about this but was told I had to go through my TA,so I emailed them about this and they just emailed back, saying that a change isn't possible....I can see that there are still some oceanview cabins available on the RC website, and they're the same category (guarantee). Why won't they let me change to a different cabin, surely the remaining ones are all porthole cabins in the front?? Any advice?

3 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

As @twangster was saying in another post about using TA or not, he mentioned that agents have access to some cabins and not others.  Could it be one of those situations where your TA doesn't have access to what you see on the RC site? I'm just guessing here.  I don't really know...:13_upside_down:

Good guess Sabrina. I know when I go through my TA, she tells me how many rooms RCI has allocated to them by class.  But, I would recommend  katjoe call the her TA back and get to the bottom of this.:27_sunglasses:

I definitely saw very different results in cabin availability direct versus through my agent when booking the Alaska Group Cruise over the weekend.  RCI direct had 4 cabins available on deck 9, agency had 12 cabins available on deck 9.  Two cabins overlapped and both offered them, the rest were unique to each - two only RCI offered, ten only agency offered.  

I often book with VTG...they get a block or group of cabins at special pricing....and don't have access to just any of the cabins for that price. I know as I have called before as well to try and change and sometimes it is not possible.

You could probably pay to upgrade for whatever difference in price they are going for...maybe.

I paid in full when I booked.This was only about a week ago! 

It's ok, I just thought I'd try...currently I'm not seeing any more OV cabins available on the RC website anyway...it'll be fine, I'll get some motion sickness stuff for hubby and we probably won't spend too much time in the cabin anyway so will get over not having a picture window....you get what you pay for and we got an extremely good deal, so not complaining! At least we'll have some natural light; I wouldn't want to be in an inside cabin with none at all!!

Doesn't hurt to keep checking and asking...right up to the check in at port or even on board with guests services...if they really are available and they cant sell them to anyone for max profits, then once on the ship perhaps they would let you switch.

As for the natural night vs. an inside cabin....for the little time most people spend in their cabin I don't think its a big difference. Many people take their first cruise thinking they could never do an inside(too dark, too quiet, too small etc) but once they experience it, its not bad at all and if your like myself or anyone that I travel with..the cabin is used for sleeping and showering...so natural light or the lack thereof is really a non-issue....especially considering that 12hrs of a day there is no natural light anyways when its dark out.....window or not.