Not Another One!

FManke

This is the reason why we do not sail anywhere during hurricane season!  Even though you can get insurance it still isn't worth the inconvenience and the emotional let down.  I know that I get extremely excites and happy for every cruise that we take, and the let down once I see the hurricane forming and impacting our itinerary is not worth it to us.  Not saying anything about those that choose to sail during hurricane season, I just know that it is not for us!  Thankfully our jobs allow us to pick when we are going on vacation and that typically happens either before or after hurricane season.  

Really hoping it dies down following Maria. We've been planning our B2B honeymoon on Allure for over a year now, and while we've had our ports change a couple times we're pretty much excited to get there and just sit quietly on board with a book and a cocktail. As long as we can get on the ship, they'll take care of us from there even if we have to circle around a storm a bit. 

I have travelled many times during hurricane season...its a risk but as long as you know that, why not.

Often there are some great deals..like last Sept a week in Cuba was $599 for flights, hotels, food and all you can drink for a week....from my local airport...cant beat that! But if I had tried that this year, I would have been SOL.

The Caribbean is going to feel the effects of this season for a very long time I think and much wont ever be the same as it was before.

2 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

Really hoping it dies down following Maria. We've been planning our B2B honeymoon on Allure for over a year now, and while we've had our ports change a couple times we're pretty much excited to get there and just sit quietly on board with a book and a cocktail. As long as we can get on the ship, they'll take care of us from there even if we have to circle around a storm a bit. 

Good luck @KLAconQueso!  Never had a back to back cruise and I am just a little jealous, I know it is hard for me to leave at the end of a 7 day cruise as it is, at the end of 14 they would have to call maintenance to unlock the barricaded door to the cabin and unchain my behind from the balcony!  I would NOT want to get off of the ship whatsoever!  :8_laughing: Thankfully the kids are getting older and more responsible, wife is soon to be on to another and much better paying career and I see quite a few more cruises on the horizon for us and can not wait.  I know that it is a wee bit early  but congratulations on your wedding hope you guys have a blast!  Just had to say it now before I have a "senior moment" and forget to say it later!!!!

30 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

Good luck @KLAconQueso!  Never had a back to back cruise and I am just a little jealous, I know it is hard for me to leave at the end of a 7 day cruise as it is, at the end of 14 they would have to call maintenance to unlock the barricaded door to the cabin and unchain my behind from the balcony!  I would NOT want to get off of the ship whatsoever!  :8_laughing: Thankfully the kids are getting older and more responsible, wife is soon to be on to another and much better paying career and I see quite a few more cruises on the horizon for us and can not wait.  I know that it is a wee bit early  but congratulations on your wedding hope you guys have a blast!  Just had to say it now before I have a "senior moment" and forget to say it later!!!!

Hahahaha! Thank you so much! We are definitely excited for our first B2B! It came down to either 1 week in a suite or two weeks in a regular balcony, and we definitely wanted to go with the B2B since 1) we've heard so much about Oasis class and we wanted to be able to take it all in and 2) we didn't know when we'd be able to take this long of a trip again. Definitely looking forward to getting away - wedding planning is STRESSFUL! 

4 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

we didn't know when we'd be able to take this long of a trip again.

Good for you! Do it while you can. You are definitely a few years away from this but, it all changes when you have kids.

As most of you know this will be our first cruise, a surprise 27th anniversary gift to my wife. And our first vacation of over two nights, alone, since our oldest son was born.

IN 1994!!!!

Enjoy!