Can you not reserve Izumi sushi on Freedom Class?

I have been waiting for a while to book a dinner on Freedom for Izumi. I know the sushi area is small, but I cannot understand why I can't book a dinner on Freedom. The option never showed up and I cannot even book it in the app. Has anyone been able to do this?

I never looked into Izumi on FR since they wouldn’t let me use a BOGO (even though I wanted sushi, not teppanyaki) but I just opened the app to see if I could reserve Izumi hibachi and it would have let me, if I’d wanted to.  At the risk of sounding glib, I think it must be an IT glitch in your case.  It looks like the Izumi hibachi is reservable on FR -at least, it is once you’re onboard.  Good luck.  I hope it eventually works for you.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I never looked into Izumi on FR since they wouldn’t let me use a BOGO (even though I wanted sushi, not teppanyaki) but I just opened the app to see if I could reserve Izumi hibachi and it would have let me, if I’d wanted to.  At the risk of sounding glib, I think it must be an IT glitch in your case.  It looks like the Izumi hibachi is reservable on FR -at least, it is once you’re onboard.  Good luck.  I hope it eventually works for you.

I can book hibachi just fine, I wanted to prebook dinner on the sushi side, and it has never shown up. I recall Freedom having a nice number of tables on the sushi side, so I thought it was odd. 

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hmmm..  well, I opened the app and there is no option to make a rezzie but the restaurant closes in 30 minutes and this is the last day of the cruise so I don’t know if I would have been able to make a rezzie earlier in the cruise or not,  sorry..

So, I conducted a little recon at Izumi this morning since our staging area for disembarkation is the Schooner Bar (right next door).  It seems they’ve done the same dreadful thing to FR that they did to Mariner - converted nearly the entire room to teppanyaki.  There are now only a few counter seats for sushi so….

I am fairly confident that they are not accepting rezzies for sushi on FR.

😉😫

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So, I conducted a little recon at Izumi this morning since our staging area for disembarkation is the Schooner Bar (right next door).  It seems they’ve done the same dreadful thing to FR that they did to Mariner - converted nearly the entire room to teppanyaki.  There are now only a few counter seats for sushi so….

I am fairly confident that they are not accepting rezzies for sushi on FR.

😉😫

🤔 That is what I figured, thanks for the recon 🥰

It's like that on Mariner and Independence, too. Sushi is first come, first serve with the limited space. They do a lot of to-go orders because of it. Typically people lined up before the doors open to nab seats for lunch and since it's a short window of time they can't turn over the seats quickly to get everyone in so they would offer to put in takeout orders.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's like that on Mariner and Independence, too. Sushi is first come, first serve with the limited space. They do a lot of to-go orders because of it. Typically people lined up before the doors open to nab seats for lunch and since it's a short window of time they can't turn over the seats quickly to get everyone in so they would offer to put in takeout orders.

Take out sounds really good actually on this!  But I'm disappointed they have made the hibachi area so big.  I'm bitter from them not getting hold of us and our arriving a half hour late for dinner on Harmony, but I've done it 3 times now, and it's just not anything special I can't do on land.  The sushi though was fun and it just seems less stressful and more enjoyable on vision.  Jane