MDR table request

45 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

What location? I am not understanding... 3rd from the left 2 tables in from the staircase??

Tables get rearranged every sailing based on the size of the parties.  So a "specific location" would be something like 4th floor, near the railing, away from the entrance.

I usually ask for a 2-top, by a window if possible. I don't care what window and it's not really a big deal if we even get a window, we just want a 2-top, but since I'm already bothering to make a request, I figure I might as well. I wouldn't bother being more specific than that but to each their own.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I usually ask for a 2-top, by a window if possible. I don't care what window and it's not really a big deal if we even get a window, we just want a 2-top, but since I'm already bothering to make a request, I figure I might as well. I wouldn't bother being more specific than that but to each their own.

I’ve never even thought about requesting location…just the 2-top.  Now I will definitely add on window or edge near railing.  I hated being smooshed in between a bunch of other 2 -tops.  They might just as well sat us together they were that close.  Jane

2 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

I’ve never even thought about requesting location…just the 2-top.  Now I will definitely add on window or edge near railing.  I hated being smooshed in between a bunch of other 2 -tops.  They might just as well sat us together they were that close.  Jane

No guarantee you get what you ask for of course but no harm in trying. I know the 2-top rows you're talking about and I get it.

Last cruise (Wonder in March) we were one 2-top removed from a window (after my request) so it was kind of like being at a 4-top with another couple but fortunately they were nice and we got along and chatted for a while.

4 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Tables get rearranged every sailing based on the size of the parties.  So a "specific location" would be something like 4th floor, near the railing, away from the entrance.

Exactly. (And almost word for word)

Also, I get it every single time. 

2 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I think a lot of people ask for window. Near railing, in a corner, on the end of a row, banquet half booth/chair, etc are all probably easier to get.

If you are a large person "on the end of a row" help's to not have to fit between 2 tables close together to get to your seat. 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the recommendation is 2-3 weeks prior to boarding. We e-mailed and requested a table for 2 by a window almost 2 weeks ago (we sail 5/11)... of course I mentioned it's our 20th wedding anniversary. Had to pour it on just in case it helps!

You'll receive a confirmation e-mail and they just confirm that they forwarded your request to your ship's dining room team for further handling... fingers-crossed! 🤞

As already mentioned, make sure you state the ship name and sail date in the subject line of your e-mail request!

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

I believe the recommendation is 2-3 weeks prior to boarding. We e-mailed and requested a table for 2 by a window almost 2 weeks ago (we sail 5/11)... of course I mentioned it's our 20th wedding anniversary. Had to pour it on just in case it helps!

You'll receive a confirmation e-mail and they just confirm that they forwarded your request to your ship's dining room team for further handling... fingers-crossed! 🤞

As already mentioned, make sure you state the ship name and sail date in the subject line of your e-mail request!

Thanks.  I did it years ago, but I couldn't remember the timing! Jane