Pearl Cafe: Breakfast

This is my new “go to” spot for a quick breakfast! I normally go to park cafe but decided this morning to try something different. The steak & eggs sandwich and classic breakfast sandwich (sausage,egg,cheese,ham) are equally delicious! The service was very quick at 6:45am. There are 2 lines that eventually form, one to the left for speciality coffee (most likely drink packers speciality coffee option) and one to the right for food. The food line was short!

IMG_0447.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

The food is the only thing appealing to me about Icon and, like you, I often go to Park Cafe on Oasis class for an early morning egg sandwich.

Those look great. I think I'd still prefer the English muffin from Park Cafe for the McMuffin but would love to try the steak n egg. 😋

21 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The food is the only thing appealing to me about Icon and, like you, I often go to Park Cafe on Oasis class for an early morning egg sandwich.

Those look great. I think I'd still prefer the English muffin from Park Cafe for the McMuffin but would love to try the steak n egg. 😋

The food is great but the ship overall is even more impressive. The Icon makes the Oasis class seem boring (as crazy as that sounds). There’s so much to see and do! 

10 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

The food is great but the ship overall is even more impressive. The Icon makes the Oasis class seem boring (as crazy as that sounds). There’s so much to see and do! 

Too much to see and do for me, lol. I kinda like boring (and of course Oasis class isn't actually boring). We went back on Indy in 2022 for a 3/4 B2B after almost nothing but Oasis class for several years and had a good time mostly chilling in the Solarium and going to CocoCay (now that could be considered boring although I guess relaxing fits better). The only thing I missed was the extra food venues (think I went to ELF everyday last week except for when were off the ship in St. Martin from like 9-4). I wish it were Freedom that was in PC at the time.

Wonder is currently my happy place and we have some Utopia B2B's booked which I know I'll enjoy since it's so similar to Wonder. I'm sure we'll try Star at some point (you know I stick to PC); I'll just feel the need to have a plan in advance since it will be new to us. I like stepping onto Oasis class and knowing exactly where everything is, what our routine will be, etc. Others like winging it. Different strokes...

Enjoy the rest of the cruise and keep the reports coming. You sail a lot more than I do and do lots of shorties but I enjoy your reports as we seem to enjoy some of the same small things (like early AM egg sandwiches, lol) and have some similar opinions.

4 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

This is my new “go to” spot for a quick breakfast! I normally go to park cafe but decided this morning to try something different. The steak & eggs sandwich and classic breakfast sandwich (sausage,egg,cheese,ham) are equally delicious! The service was very quick at 6:45am. There are 2 lines that eventually form, one to the left for speciality coffee (most likely drink packers speciality coffee option) and one to the right for food. The food line was short!

IMG_0447.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

Is the steak and egg on a croissant? Looks delicious! Not an onion fan but if that was a bacon frittata, oh boy yum! Please keep sending food picts!

On 3/26/2024 at 3:55 PM, tonyfsu21 said:

It was more of a soft Asiago bread and went great with the steak and egg. 

Sounds like a great combo! My wife would ask them for just the roll... she loves asiago bread and asiago bagels but wouldn't actually eat the sandwich, lol.