App Only Check-In

I just checked in for my next cruise. However this time, the check in process was only through the app. I couldn't do it on the RC website as usual. I read that in some select cruises they are doing this.

I don't really know what they want to accomplish by it, but good grief doing the check in on the app for a party for 4 is horrible. I can't keep a notepad with things to copy-paste for each guest, and you actually have to scroll on all the drop downs instead of being able to type the first few letters and selecting.

Anyways, I'm done venting I guess. I'll definitely bring this up during the post-cruise survey because I don't see any good reason to not leave the check in process both on the website and the app.

But hey the passport scanner is kinda cool.

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I hope they come to their senses and continue to allow check-in online.  I have NEVER successfully checked in via the app.  It's worthless.

This is classic Royal Caribbean how they do things. It's just on a few select sailings, not to worry and then it's fleet wide within a month or two. That's how they roll. 

6 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Well I believe this is the way its going for all cruises. I'm not sure why but I think its going this way. Now i do it through the app because its super simple. 

To each their own, but I found checking in on the website to be much simpler. The ability to use a physical keyboard and shortcuts makes a lot of difference to me.

11 minutes ago, CyclingVa said:

I guess eveyone has different preferences. The app works well for me, especially when having to add a photo and the passport info.  

Exactly, the app is so easy. Once you scan your passport it's just about all done. The app is super simple.