How many ships can Coco Cay support?

This is based on some observations as there have been so many itinerary changes because of the Labadee situation.  My cruise, Symphony March 31, is now scheduled to be in Coco Cay on April 2.  Oasis received an itinerary change as well, but is scheduled to be there as well on April 2 based on their updated itinerary.  Freedom has not seen any itinerary changes that I know of and is also still scheduled to be at Coco Cay on April 2.  Can Coco Cay support 2 Oasis class ships and a Freedom class ship at their port at the same time?  It will be interesting to see how this works out if there are no further changes to the port schedules.

Two ships at a time maximum at the moment.  The tendering capability is no longer an option.    

My money is on Oasis not doing a double call at PDCC 4/2 & 4/3 but there are so many possibilities such as Freedom reversing Nassau and PDCC at the last minute.  

One way or another, there will be only two ships at PDCC on 4/2.

22 minutes ago, Fastfaller said:

I also don't think they would book an Icon and Oasis at the same time but I could be wrong... That just seems like a lot of people.

1 minute ago, asquared17 said:

i think they had wonder and icon there a few weeks ago and seemed to be okay! 💚

If I'm not mistaken the adult beach area was added to coincide with Icon's arrival knowing that Hideaway beach would draw hundreds reducing the impact to pre-existing areas.  

PDCC will take two Icon class ships soon after there are two Icon class in service.  That was the plan all along.  

59 minutes ago, twangster said:

Two ships at a time maximum at the moment.  The tendering capability is no longer an option.    

My money is on Oasis not doing a double call at PDCC 4/2 & 4/3 but there are so many possibilities such as Freedom reversing Nassau and PDCC at the last minute.  

One way or another, there will be only two ships at PDCC on 4/2.

Sounds like a game of Cruise Port Tetris that Royal Caribbean is having to play.  Tendering Freedom was the only possibility I could think of, but did not know if the port had logistical support for it.  I only thought of it because this past January, I saw a ship moored just off the neighboring island and it looked like they were tendering.

7 minutes ago, DoomSlayer said:

Sounds like a game of Cruise Port Tetris that Royal Caribbean is having to play.  Tendering Freedom was the only possibility I could think of, but did not know if the port had logistical support for it.  I only thought of it because this past January, I saw a ship moored just off the neighboring island and it looked like they were tendering.

NCL's Great Stirrup Cay doesn't have a pier.  Like the old Little Stirrup Cay (a.k.a Coco Cay) was back in the day.  

Coco Cay's former tender harbor and dock system was removed once the pier was competed.  The main pier is too exposed to attempt tendering to the pier at PDCC.

23 minutes ago, RockerDom31 said:

I vaguely remember something about PDCC being able to accomodate 10000 people? My memory escapes me but that sounds familiar.

And has Celebrity started calling at PDCC now too? I am not too familiar with the size of their ships.

Some of the early projections while it was under construction referenced 10k but as it was built out those grew to 12k to 13k. Looking back in hindsight Royal had already designed much of Icon around this time so they knew.  Then Hideaway Beach was added and hints that there could be more development further adding capacity.  

Capacity is a number that is not precise.  It's partly a tool used in the business models that became a marketing label thrown out in various Bayley speeches.  In other words it's a made up number.  

How many people can fit in a phone booth?  Answer: One.  Alternate answer: Twelve drunk college students.  Trick question:  No such thing as phone booths anymore (mostly).  

Celebrity ships are much smaller than Royal's.  A Celebrity ship across the pier from a Royal ship is a good thing for Royal guests.

2 hours ago, RockerDom31 said:

I vaguely remember something about PDCC being able to accomodate 10000 people? My memory escapes me but that sounds familiar.

And has Celebrity started calling at PDCC now too? I am not too familiar with the size of their ships.

Yup. My Wonder sailing at the end of April is at CC with Celebrity Reflection. 

The battle for Coco Cay on April 2nd is still ongoing.  Facebook groups are interesting and full of drama, especially between Symphony and Freedom.  Spies were deployed between the groups to provide intel on what the other group are hearing from Royal.  Currently, Freedom seems to have drawn the short straw, but no official word from Royal yet.  Freedom even started a call campaign and called for all "Karens" to unite.  I feel bad for Royal customer care staff right now that have to answer some of these calls because so many of them are demanding to talk to a manager and updating their conversations live.