European plug adapter and Medical refrigerator

49 minutes ago, Fastfaller said:

I am not sure, but I am always worried about the euro plugs frying my equipment due to the differences in voltage/wattage. You have to be sure that whatever you are plugging into that, it can handle it.

There's two kinds of adapters for euro plugs: 1) the type that just changes the shape of the outlet - this one is potentially dangerous for your equipment because the output is still 240V which will fry anything designed only for 120V.  2) the type that changes the shape AND the voltage of the outlet - this is the type you want since the output is now 120V.

5 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

There's two kinds of adapters for euro plugs: 1) the type that just changes the shape of the outlet - this one is potentially dangerous for your equipment because the output is still 240V which will fry anything designed only for 120V.  2) the type that changes the shape AND the voltage of the outlet - this is the type you want since the output is now 120V.

Are the adapter/converter types allowed onboard?

12 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Are the adapter/converter types allowed onboard?

If it changes one single outlet to one single outlet, then yes it should be allowed.  (On this topic, I'm never going to state anything with 100% confidence!)  Where people have issues is when their devices create more power outlets.  The port employees don't care about the difference between multi-outlet adapters, power strips, surge protectors, etc.  It's just easier to say more than one outlet = no.

I've used Euro adapters for things like my laptop. But of course a laptop has it's own converter so no issues on that front. Also used an adapter for my Anker USB Powerport with no issues, apart from the flimsiness of having an adapter and a USB multiport attached to it. For my trip to France last year, I ended up buying some Euro-specific USB multiports and ended up using those on my last cruise as well.