SilverSea Introduces new Essentials Voyage Only Cruise Fare

Catering to the individual preferences of today’s freedom-loving travellers, Silversea offers three unique fare types: our all-encompassing Door-to-Door All-Inclusive fare; our enhanced Port-to-Port All-Inclusive fare which is now available on all voyages; and our new, voyage-only Essential fare on selected sailings featuring all onboard inclusive amenities and services. Make plans today to secure your preferred suite at the best available fares.

image.thumb.jpeg.5eff280cccdc6c8d1930225c4d6e5bcd.jpeg

6 minutes ago, rjweber3 said:

It may be that the are seeing folks reluctance to book based on sticker shock.

The included shore excursions are typical cruise line excursions but some people would rather do their own thing.  Up until this point they effectively paid for excursions they didn't use if they arranged something private.

• 2 weeks later...

I was curious as to what Silversea included in their fares. I had picked a sailing from New York to Florida and was floored when I saw the pricing for some of their suites. I guess you could call it the top suite was running around $40,000 per person for the 15 night voyage..... Yes, that is not a typo. While I did "splurge" on the Royal Loft Suite on Oasis of the Seas for my wife and I's 50th birthday, I spent about a third of that $80,000 price tag for 8 nights. Maybe one day when I win the MegaMillions lotto I will book a SilverSea voyage. Until then, I am loyal to Royal. 

image.thumb.png.018dd28c18cadbd27f924c1b8fdea67a.png

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

@twangster….Have you sailed Silversea and if so, what do you think? Funny because last night was the 1st time I ever ventured on their website. And like @rjweber3 said…..STICKER SHOCK big time!!!

Twice.  Remember it includes drinks, wifi, gratuity and shore excursions.  It's also a small ship experience so often that means ports of call or itineraries you won't find elsewhere.  With a guest to crew ratio of around  2:1 service tends to be very good.

It's the luxury brand in the family.  Just like luxury car cost more than regular cars, luxury cruising costs more.  However if that is the style of vacation you seek, SilverSea is a luxury experience.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Twice.  Remember it includes drinks, wifi, gratuity and shore excursions.  It's also a small ship experience so often that means ports of call or itineraries you won't find elsewhere.  With a guest to crew ratio of around  2:1 service tends to be very good.

It's the luxury brand in the family.  Just like luxury car cost more than regular cars, luxury cruising costs more.  However if that is the style of vacation you seek, SilverSea is a luxury experience.  

Gotcha! Well I can definitely say that it is the style of vacation I seek, but my pocketbook says otherwise!!!

3 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

Ok so @twangster, @WAAAYTOOO, @USCG Teacher and anyone else out there….What about Azamara? I was eyeing them as well. Last time I looked, they were offering itineraries for the Grand Prix in Monte Carlo. Since my DH loves anything Fast &/or Furious…what say you cruising experts?

Sadly I have nothing to contribute about Azamara, but I do have to say that getting the chance to see the Grand Prix in Monte Carlo would be pretty amazing!

6 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

Ok so @twangster, @WAAAYTOOO, @USCG Teacher and anyone else out there….What about Azamara? I was eyeing them as well. Last time I looked, they were offering itineraries for the Grand Prix in Monte Carlo. Since my DH loves anything Fast &/or Furious…what say you cruising experts?

I haven't sailed Azamara and they are no longer part of the RCG family.