Perfect Day Cabana Preferences

SweetPea

Here's the deal ...

We've rented an OTW cabana at Coco Beach in the past and loved it. However, on our upcoming cruise, i absolutely will not spend $4099 + tax on our upcoming cruise for < 8 hours. Yeah, i can't justify that as we are not sharing the expense. There are 7 Cabanas still left with a cruise date of 5/31. Good for Royal for getting 3 sold; we will not be one of them at that price. 

I thought about the Hideout Cabanas but i wasn't sure Hubs would go for a pool on a beach. By the time he agreed, they are sold out. 

Our intinerary is such that we're only getting off the ship at PDCC. Hubs won't get off the ship without a decent home-base where sand isn't getting in his nethers, IYKYK. He's totally a cabana man.

That said, which part of PDCC are you booking a cabana if Coco Beach and Hideaway Beach are off the table? South Beach? Chill Island? Not sure hubs would consider Oasis Lagoon?

Thanks for any input. 

It's not a cabana but we did the Beach Beds at Breezy Bay last year. I thought I'd hate them but they were quite comfortable and nice to chill on. Plus you still get two chairs under an umbrella, two floating mats and a cooler of water. The curtains close if you want some semi-privacy. We enjoyed them well enough, and it was very nice that the bed we had was right in front of a snack shack. and the cost, at the time at least, was bout $150 or $200

20230806_145836.thumb.jpg.c1547a405687c23c2a7068e207e30cd4.jpg

On 3/17/2024 at 10:57 PM, SweetPea said:

Here's the deal ...

We've rented an OTW cabana at Coco Beach in the past and loved it. However, on our upcoming cruise, i absolutely will not spend $4099 + tax on our upcoming cruise for < 8 hours. Yeah, i can't justify that as we are not sharing the expense. There are 7 Cabanas still left with a cruise date of 5/31. Good for Royal for getting 3 sold; we will not be one of them at that price. 

I thought about the Hideout Cabanas but i wasn't sure Hubs would go for a pool on a beach. By the time he agreed, they are sold out. 

Our intinerary is such that we're only getting off the ship at PDCC. Hubs won't get off the ship without a decent home-base where sand isn't getting in his nethers, IYKYK. He's totally a cabana man.

That said, which part of PDCC are you booking a cabana if Coco Beach and Hideaway Beach are off the table? South Beach? Chill Island? Not sure hubs would consider Oasis Lagoon?

Thanks for any input. 

South Beach

On 3/19/2024 at 9:23 AM, GregD said:

I have done chill island cabanas twice (back when they were $300, can you imagine!!) and really like those. 

Can you imagine?! They are $1699 now for our cruise. This stuff is getting insane! The Hideaway Cabanas were cheapest at $1499 ...

Thanks to everyone who responded. A Hideout Cabana opened up and we went with that ... with a bit of trepidation... but, hey, YOLO!

understanding you are looking for a cabana but  i would say that getting to hideaway beach early and grabbing chairs by the pool (not in the sand to protect your hubbies nether regions) would be a better day than a cabana at chill island or south beach. We were just at Hideaway and it is awesome, not sure we will ever go back to Coco Beach Club. You can hit the covered open air bar (pool tables, shuffle board, band), and slice of paradise for some pizza without getting sandy.